Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director of Federal Legislative Affairs
The American Retirement Association is looking for a Director of Federal Legislative Affairs to join our team. Based in Arlington, Virginia, we enjoy a fresh, energetic working environment near the Ballston Metro station. We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, a supportive environment, and the opportunity to be a part of a growing professional team in an exciting field. Visit our website at www.usaretirement.org.
The Director of Federal Legislative Affairs directs the association’s legislative initiatives with the objective of influencing public policy makers on issues important to members and advancing the association’s legislative objectives.
- Advocating for and representing the association’s membership on retirement issues before Congress and state legislatures, including conveying the association’s positions to legislators and staff, as well as establishing and maintaining relationships with key policymakers at the federal level.
- Preparing hearing or other advocacy testimony for the Chief Government Affairs Officer, Chief Executive Officer, and association members, advocacy materials for member meetings with federal legislators and staff, and grassroots advocacy campaigns at the federal level.
- Maintaining relationships with organizations with similar legislative goals and working with other organizations on advocacy efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will have:
- 5+ years of government relations experience, including at least 2 years of experience on Congressional staff.
- Experience working with key Congressional committees (labor/workforce and tax writing committees).
- Knowledge of the employer sponsored retirement plan industry.
- Capacity to plan and implement legislative strategy and represent the organization.
- Superior interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Capacity to communicate with tact and professionalism.
- Effective project management, planning, and organization skills.
- Strong multitasking skills with a comfort in maintaining multiple, often conflicting, priorities.
- Ability to work autonomously.
The American Retirement Association offers its full-time employees a robust benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Profit Sharing 401(k) Plan
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Eleven Paid Holidays
- Twenty-Three Days of Paid Time Off
- Two Hours of Personal Leave Per Month
- Parental Leave
- Hybrid Work Arrangement (Telework on Mondays and Fridays)
- Commuting/Telework Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Membership in Pryor+ Learning Management System
- Membership in Experian My Financial Expert
- Membership in Calm App
- Worldwide Travel Assistance Program
- Will Preparation Services
American Retirement Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer. American Retirement Association provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $150,000.00 – $200,000.00 per year
Email email@example.com for more information on how to apply.
Job posted: 2023-05-09