Director of Outreach
About Common Energy
Common Energy is revolutionizing the energy sector. Our platform enables homeowners and businesses to connect their utility account to new clean energy projects, dramatically lower carbon emissions, and save on their electricity. There is no on-site installation and signing up only takes two minutes. As such, we are a key part of the solution to mitigate global climate change.
Common Energy’s board and advisors include executives from Facebook, Google and President Obama’s cabinet. We are seeking a Director of Outreach to help us scale our business.
Common Energy’s next Director of Outreach will lead Common Energy’s Impact Team. You will manage an outreach operations team and oversee a program that hires, trains, and manages hundreds of environmentally active students each year. You will work closely with the Common Energy leadership team on company-wide partnerships and outreach initiatives to deliver clean energy and lower carbon emissions for as many households as possible!
- Manage and mentor the Impact Team staff, training these employees to develop their grassroots organizing and campaigning skills
- Lead the Impact Team program, overseeing a large network of passionate, paid youth interns in states across the nation where Common Energy operates. This is done with support from full time Impact Team Managers
- Oversee daily operations, including intern recruitment, training, and outreach. This is also done with support from Impact Team Managers and Recruiter(s)
- Design and execute campaigns to increase intern engagement and achievement
- Devise new in-person campaign strategies to build on existing remote and on-line strategies
- Coordinate logistics for both remote and in-person outreach by paid interns
- Track and monitor network data. Provide regular updates to leadership on progress and outputs, such as actions taken, outreach activities, and meetings.
- Help to build strategic relationships with local and national youth and young professional climate movements
- Collaborate with design and digital advertising teams on social media and marketing strategies
- Innovate ways to expand the Impact Team’s name recognition in the field of youth environmental activism
- Attend community engagement events as the face of the Impact Team
- Cultivate a welcoming, inclusive, and motivating atmosphere
- Contribute to a positive, fun work environment!
Who We’re Looking For
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in sustainability or communications, or a related field
- You have 5+ years’ experience running outreach campaigns and / or canvassing operations
- You understand how to plan, communicate, and lead successful grassroots campaigns
- You have experience with volunteer coordination and management, including recruiting and training
- You have experience managing and mentoring other staff members
- You have a deep passion for climate activism, and are knowledgeable about environmentalism broadly, or clean energy specifically
- You are comfortable speaking publicly, both as a trainer and motivator of youth, and to potential partners outside of our organization
- You are positive and energetic
- You can inspire and motivate others
- You have excellent organizational skills
- You have very strong interpersonal and communication skills
- You have permanent authorization to work for any employer in the U.S. without sponsorship
Compensation and Other Good Stuff
- Attractive compensation including equity in the business
- Learn and work with the best: Our tight-knit team includes experts across the energy sector!
- You will interact with everyone on the team, including the CEO, COO and other executives
- Attractive healthcare and related plans
- One team, good people, no politics.
Job posted: 2021-10-10