Director of Partnerships
Director of Partnerships, War Room
Reports to: Senior Director of Strategic Partnerships
Staff reporting to this position: A growing team of community managers and partnerships associates.
Department: CAP Action War Room
Position classification: Exempt, full time
Across a range of mediums and platforms, including talk radio, cable TV, Facebook, and YouTube, conservatives have spent decades building up infrastructure for a right-wing echo chamber that ensures their message becomes the dominant media narrative for a large swath of Americans.
With Americans facing an increasing onslaught of news and media content from the right-wing echo chamber, it has never been more important for progressives to close this gap and build up the necessary communications infrastructure to break through the clutter and reach key audiences, and CAP Action is committed to leading the way.
American Progress has an immediate opening for a Director of Partnerships to join the CAP Action War Room’s amplification and distribution efforts to build the case for progressive policies, values, and candidates. With Americans facing a greater onslaught of news and media content than ever before, it has never been more important to build hyper-targeted strategies to break through the clutter and reach key audiences.
A strong candidate for this role will work as part of a team that builds relationships across the progressive media landscape—both political and otherwise—in order to promote messaging and content, and ultimately improve the performance of progressives online and help to close the engagement gap with conservatives. They will have a keen understanding of how content gets disseminated across digital platforms and a familiarity with progressive influencers and accounts. The Director of Partnership’s responsibilities include developing the strategy for and managing a team that builds partner relationships and identifies and pursues opportunities on new platforms.
This is a full-time position funded through March 2022.
- In partnership with the Senior Director of Strategic Partnerships, develop a strategic plan to identify, track, cultivate, and strengthen CAP Action’s external relationships.
- Identify opportunities for collaboration and/or engagement for CAP Action and CAP Action partners including pitching content for promotion on social media, video collaborations, messaging strategy, and more.
- Manage team members at the manager and associate levels.
- Oversee and manage day-to-day execution of CAP Action’s digital coordination efforts, including email updates, Twitter direct message groups, and Slack conversations.
- Work closely with the Digital Strategy, Communications, and Story Bank teams to ensure that content is tailored to the platforms and audiences that CAP Action is trying to reach.
- Monitor online trends in order to identify opportunities for CAP Action or partner engagement.
- Working with the Senior Director of Strategic Partnerships, develop clear goals, track, and report out on metrics and progress.
- Stay up to date on the latest trends and best practices for digital content distribution.
- At least eight years of professional experience in social media, audience development, and/or digital content creation.
- Previously demonstrated team leadership skills and high level of competency in a supervisory/management role.
- Strong relationships within the progressive movement is a plus.
- Expert networking skills.
- Proactive and a self-starter.
- Political experience on a campaign or with an advocacy group or nonprofit is a plus.
- Solid understanding of progressive values and policies and how they intersect with the news.
- Detail oriented with the ability to juggle multiple projects for different stakeholders, often in rapid-response or high-pressure situations.
- Familiarity with Facebook Insights, Twitter analytics, and other social listening tools.
- Creative and committed to innovation and experimentation.
- Open to developing new skills as needed.
- A positive team player with a passion for progressive change.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
American Progress offers full and competitive benefits packages. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. This position has a starting salary of $90,000.
Please submit applications here
Job posted: 2021-05-03