Director of Policy
Primary Care Development Corporation: Catalyzing Excellence in Primary Care
Quality primary care is transformative and a cornerstone of healthy, thriving communities. The Primary Care Development Corporation (PCDC), a nationally recognized 501(c)(3) community development financial institution (CDFI), catalyzes excellence in primary care through strategic community investment, capacity building, and policy initiatives to achieve health equity.
PCDC is seeking a Director of Policy to join our Division of Strategy & Public Affairs. Reporting to the Managing Director of Strategy & Public Affairs, the Director of Policy will work with a broad range of stakeholders – both internally and externally – to advance a policy agenda that is aligned with PCDC’s mission and utilizes data, analyses and strategic expertise to drive greater investment in and prioritization of primary care.
PCDC is headquartered in New York City but supports remote work with the expectation to travel for meetings and strategy sessions when appropriate. The Director will supervise two staff and must be committed to supporting and advancing an equitable and inclusive work environment.
- Translate PCDC’s theory of change and strategic plan into an actionable policy and advocacy strategy with measurable milestones and results.
- Track and monitor relevant policies, policymaker positions, trends and processes, identifying opportunities for PCDC involvement.
- Draft legislation and advocate for the passage of legislation at the local, state, and federal levels that positively impacts the access, delivery, and financing of primary care.
- Identify, engage with, and develop advocacy strategies with primary care champions at the state and federal levels.
- Develop position briefs and collateral, organize events, and draft communications to educate policymakers and the public about PCDC’s work, primary care, and the impact of community development financial institutions.
- Represent PCDC at meetings with other advocates, ensuring PCDC priorities are reflected in broader advocacy messages and campaigns.
- Build and manage coalitions of stakeholders focused on primary care, and identify other key informants and stakeholders, to accomplish PCDC advocacy objectives.
- Lead the monitoring and tracking of key performance indicators and deliverables for the policy team.
- Provide day-to-day management and mentorship of the policy team.
- Promote coordination between policy, communications, and evaluation/analytics teams, as well as across divisions throughout the organization.
- Assist in other division activities as necessary.
- 8+ years of work experience in the field of public policy, advocacy, community development, financial institutions, or health care, ideally with previous advocacy experience in New York, California, or at the federal level
- Experience with tracking state and federal policies, regulations, and legislation
- Understanding of the health care and community development communities, including think tanks, academic institutions, and policymakers/advocates
- Previous involvement in building and managing coalitions.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Bachelor’s degree in public policy, communications, public health or other relevant field; master’s level preferred.
For immediate consideration, please submit your cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and two policy-related writing samples. Applications will not be considered without a cover letter and writing samples.
This position will be 100% remote (working from home) during the COVID-19 pandemic. Once PCDC’s workforce returns to the office, we would prefer this position be based in New York City (PCDC headquarters) but will consider other locations.
The salary for this position is $130,000-$150,000 , and we offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- STD – company paid in NY
- LTD – company paid
- Life Insurance – company paid
- Voluntary Life
- 403(b) retirement
- Flexible Spending account (FSA)
- Dependent Care (DCA)
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Family Leave
- Generous paid vacation and sick time
- Paid personal days
- Paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The Primary Care Development Corporation (PCDC) is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We give full consideration for employment to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-13