Director of Policy
Remote (Boston, MA)
About Optimus Ride
Optimus Ride is an autonomous mobility service provider on a mission to drive the future of transportation. We develop and own the full AV tech stack and user experience–algorithms, software, hardware, and system integration–for autonomous, electric rides for communities near and far. We’re focused on driving innovation and delivering convenient, turnkey transportation services for master planned communities, corporate and academic campuses, and mixed use developments. We’re driven to create safe, sustainable, and equitable transportation solutions for all.
Optimus Ride is headquartered in the Boston Seaport District, not far from our old stomping ground at MIT. From the boardroom to the test track, our teammates (affectionately referred to as Optimists) bring deep industry and subject matter expertise, a collaborative and focused work ethic, and an optimistic outlook on the future of autonomous, sustainable, community-serving transportation.
Optimus Ride is at a pivotal point in its evolution as we drive the creation of self-driving technologies. We are seeking an entrepreneurial Director of Policy with a proven track record for strategically developing and advocating policy positions. Such work is crucial to ensuring the strategic objectives of Optimus Ride’s mission are fulfilled. This role will have a significant impact on our customers and business and give you the opportunity to create and bring to life the future of mobility.
- Support Optimus Ride’s engagement efforts on autonomous vehicle policy and advocacy
- Define and execute strategy to engage government stakeholders at the federal, state and local level in order to launch in various cities across the US
- Research complex policy issues, and analyze existing and proposed legislation and regulations for impact on Optimus Ride’s business objectives
- Advise leadership on how to navigate regulatory risks, leverage emerging policy opportunities and shape future policy and advocacy opportunities
- Build a favorable regulatory framework to enable Optimus Ride’s R&D and commercialization efforts
- Secure any necessary autonomous vehicle permits
- Work cross-functionally, including with leadership, operations, sales and product teams
- Bring relevant external information and understanding to internal planning and decision making process
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external key stakeholders including community and advocacy groups
- Report to the Chief Policy Officer
- JD degree or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience working with federal and state regulators, government bodies, public interest groups, or consumer advocacy groups
- Proficient communicator and advocate with excellent attention to detail
- Understanding of environmental, social, and corporate governance (ESG) areas
- Track record of project management with demonstrated experience managing multiple public policy, regulatory, or legislative efforts in a fast-paced environment simultaneously
- Solid understanding of the regulatory and legislative environment related to transportation and technology
- Experience analyzing the impact of legislation and regulations on a business and suggesting appropriate amendments and/or paths forward
- Ability to travel as needed
- Role location may be remote within the United States
- Experience with autonomous vehicle technology and its regulatory space
- Five or more years of experience in the automotive, transportation, or mobility industry
- Experience with lobbying and government relations firms and/or in government
Optimus Ride provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Benefits and Working Environment
At Optimus Ride, we strive to support our employees by offering competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and a world class working environment that is centered around the team. We nurture creativity and provide expansive opportunities for growth and development.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-06-09