Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director of Public Affairs (Central Texas Region)
H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation operating over 400+ stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $34.3 billion. Described by industry experts as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B has led the way with creative new concepts, outstanding service and a commitment to diversity in our workforce, workplace and marketplace. H-E-B offers a wealth of career opportunities to our 110,000+ Partners (employees), competitive compensation and benefits program and comprehensive training that lead to successful careers.
Our Public Affairs Team develops external communication initiatives in support of H-E-B’s image and interests related to products, quality, service, brand, and community efforts.
Once you’re eligible, you’ll become an Owner in the company, so we’re looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and Customer service. “Partner-owned” means our most important resources—People—drive the innovation, growth, and success that make H-E-B The Greatest Omnichannel Retailing Company.
Do you have a:
HEART FOR PEOPLE… natural ability to develop others?
HEAD FOR BUSINESS… comprehensive business acumen? expertise in your functional area?
PASSION FOR RESULTS… drive to maintain accountability, even for others, within your scope of responsibility?
We are looking for:
– A leader with integrity, ambition, passion, and humility; someone committed to the success of H-E-B
What is the work?
Leadership / Strategy:
– Develops H-E-B media relations plans and strategies; manages news media relationships; reviews and approves press releases, media advisories, announcements, editorial placement, speaking opportunities, etc.
– Serves as corporate spokesperson to the news media and general public
– Develops and directs H-E-B government relations plans and strategies; develops and manages relationships with local, state, and federal government agency officials; manages public branding opportunities, events, and corporate and regional philanthropic efforts
– Serves as counsel to executive leadership
– Oversees public relations events and strategies in partnership with internal and external groups; directs the implementation of external communications with internal and external groups
– Serves as a lead barometer for community needs and demands
– Serves directly in the community and civic roles in several leadership capacities
– Develops and directs external communications activities for H-E-B (e.g., media relations, public relations, government relations, community relations, Partner relations)
– Directs external communication initiatives to support H-E-B’s image and interests related to products, quality, service, brand, and community efforts
– Directs annual and ongoing department and corporate budget processes for operational, charitable, and non-charitable expenses
– Provide strong leadership to inspire a culture of innovation, execution, collaboration, accountability, and positivity
What is your background?
– A related degree or comparable formal training, certification, or experience
– 10+ years of experience in public relations, government relations, community relations, or a non-profit or communications capacity
– Experience managing outside public relations, advertising, and promotional contractors
– Well-established working relationships with local news media reporters, editors, producers, news directors; municipal, county, state, federal elected, appointed, and regulatory public officials; civic leaders, community activists, non-profit organizations
– Strong leadership skills with the ability to foster high levels of accountability through coaching, career development, and performance management
Do you have what it takes to be a fit as a Director of Public Affairs at H-E-B?
– Expert working knowledge related to operational functions of non-profit, government, non-government, and civic organizations
– Expert working knowledge of accounting/ finance principles related to budgeting and expense tracking
– Advanced verbal / written communication and presentation skills
– Advanced facilitating and negotiating skills
– Advanced project management skills
– Advanced analytical skills
– PC skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook) and job-related software, systems, and apps
– Ability to think strategically and conceptualize long-term action plans
– Ability to create, organize, and implement large events
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-05-22