International Franchise Association
The IFA seeks a Director of State Grassroots Advocacy. The primary function of this position will be to manage the Association’s grassroots program at the state level within the Government Relations & Public Policy department. This primary responsibility will be to design and implement grassroots campaigns to support and enhance the IFA’s lobbying efforts to protect, promote and enhance franchising as a business model. We are seeking an individual who has effectively led sophisticated grassroots campaigns at the federal, state and/or local levels that have combined traditional grassroots organizing with innovative e-advocacy techniques necessary to win campaigns.
- In conjunction with Vice President of Public Affairs and Senior Director of Political Affairs and Grassroots Advocacy, develop and implement grassroots advocacy efforts.
- Manage the Association’s grassroots efforts in advocate recruitment, education and mobilization on franchise specific issues as well as broader business issues.
- Provide advocacy best practice guidance to key stakeholder partners, and develop tools regarding effective grassroots training and engagement to support the successful implementation of policy campaigns.
- Recruitment, training and mobilization of volunteers to create positive engagement with key legislators and policymakers.
- Employ aspects of the Association’s electronic advocacy, including the use of its web, video, social networking, and email-based platforms.
- Support IFA’s lobbyists as necessary by representing association and its members at committee meetings, coalition meetings and at legislative meetings.
- Bachelor degree with 5-7 years of experience in political or grassroots campaign-related work or franchise industry background.
- Successful experience or demonstrated understanding in advocacy/public policy, grassroots organization/mobilization, and grassroots advocacy tactic development and implementation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of state and federal government activities and structures.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with volunteers, staff, and the public as part of a team.
- Experience in advocate management.
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage multiple, complex projects in varying stages of development under time constraints.
- Knowledge of franchise industry preferred.
- Knowledge of Voter Voice grassroots platform preferred.
- Ability to travel approximately 50% of the time.
To apply please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Job Posted: March 27, 2014