Director of Partner Success, Public Policy (Remote)
Teaching Strategies is a high growth, private-equity backed, market leading business in early childhood education. The Company provides the most innovative and effective curriculum, assessment, professional development, and family connection resources to programs serving children from birth through 3rd grade. With ground-breaking print and SaaS solutions and a strong belief that the most powerful way to impact child outcomes is to improve teacher effectiveness, Teaching Strategies has been supporting the critical work of early childhood educators for over 30 years.
Located in downtown Bethesda, MD, our company’s headquarters are within steps from Bethesda Row and the Bethesda Metro stop. Candidates who fit with our values, vision, and mission will find a work environment that fosters creativity, innovation and career growth. We are building a team of results-oriented individuals who will thrive in a collaborative, work-hard/play-hard culture. We pride ourselves on the impact we have on the early childhood field through supporting teachers who are doing the most important work there is, teaching children to become creative, confident thinkers.
What’s in it for you
Teaching Strategies offers our employees a robust suite of benefits and other perks which include:
- Company sponsored events
- Professional development and growth opportunities
- Tuition assistance
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for spouses, domestic partners, and children
- Pre-tax medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSA)
- Health savings accounts with employer contributions
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Company sponsored life, short and long term disability insurance
- Voluntary life and critical illness insurance
- Paid parental leave programs
- Generous paid time off (which includes Winter Break)
The Director of Partner Success, Public Policy will play a critical role in ensuring that Teaching Strategies continuously delivers superior customer experiences that guarantee our customers realize the greatest possible value from our solutions, contributing to high customer satisfaction scores, renewal rates, account growth, and profitability. The Director will manage a team that implements and provides ongoing support for state and other high value customers and, in so doing, will work collaboratively with the Public Policy team with the goal of retaining and growing opportunities throughout the nation.
The Director, along with the other Directors of Partner Success and Renewals Manager, will be part of the Partner Success Leadership team to develop and implement consistent policies, best practices, and collaboration among the entire Partner Success Team.
Specific roles and responsibilities:
- Leads a team of Senior and Partner Success Managers responsible for building implementation and project plans, strategic planning, and proactive customer outreach, including workload assignments, and supervision of quality.
- Develops and optimizes standard operating procedures and playbooks for the implementation and proactive management of Teaching Strategies Customers to ensure customers are informed, engaged, satisfied, and utilizing our solutions to their fullest capabilities, including, but not limited to, the standardization of customer project plan and success measures, client onboarding practices, and a cadence for outreach.
- Establishes an internal operations process to track and plan client support activities from sales through renewal and ensure company-wide visibility into the status and trending of those activities.
- Continuously identifies ways to improve the customer experience.
- Contributes to the creation of a strong customer centric culture by ensuring companywide awareness and accountability at all levels of the company.
- Develops and implements highly effective employee onboarding programs.
- Partners with internal teams to ensure close alignment with customers’ operational needs and timelines and ensure client success, including Marketing, Technology, and Product Management.
- Partners with Sales Management to develop and implement standard pre sales engagement and hand-off procedures to ensure successful implementations.
- Contributes to the selection and implementation of third-party tools to support best practices in Customer Success such as customer portals, knowledge-based support, risk identification, webinars, etc.
This position requires an extremely motivated, talented and flexible individual who is an outstanding communicator, has deep knowledge of Customer Success for SaaS products, solid organizational abilities with attention to detail, has a deep understanding of the early childhood or K-12 educational market, and who is capable of effectively articulating links between customer business requirements and a technical feature set.
- Passionate about the client and individual user experience
- Minimum of 8 years of overseeing teams responsible for customer on-boarding, success and retention programs related to SaaS Solutions, preferably in the education market
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work cross functionally with internal staff in order to develop and maintain a results-driven, team oriented environment
- Successful track record working with and coordinating resources cross-functionally
- Proven ability to articulate compelling, solution focused value propositions for customers
- Commitment to excellence
- Comprehension of the challenges and best practices of developing and deploying technical solutions at enterprise scale, preferably in the education market
- Creativity, ability to resolve problems and exploit market opportunities
- Experience with Salesforce.com or another CRM solution is highly desired
- Proven ability to use data and analysis to inform business decision making and drive client satisfaction and loyalty
- Proven ability to develop and execute programs and processes that scale
- Proven ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to work full-time from Teaching Strategies Corporate office in Bethesda, MD
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously; highly effective organizational skills
- Education: Bachelor of Science or Arts required.
Teaching Strategies, LLC is an equal opportunity employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individual with Disabilities
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-11