Director of Partnership & Advocacy Initiatives – Global Sustainability
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
At NIKE, we believe we must set our own ambitious commitments, and work alongside others to inspire, convene and catalyze bold action, within our industry and on behalf of the world.
As Director of Partnerships, Advocacy Initiatives, for Global Sustainability, you will help set and drive the direction of how NIKE advances its sustainability agenda through partnership and convening. We are looking for a leader with expertise in today’s sustainability landscape and the issues that our industry, other sectors, and consumers believe are most relevant and pressing for a more sustainable world. You will help develop and drive the Global Sustainability partnership strategy, focused particularly on how our work comes to life in geographies and cities, where NIKE’s advocacy can have an even more direct impact on athletes and their connection to a sustainable future. As a representative of NIKE, you will manage key partners, build innovative partnership initiatives and platforms, and ensure the value of our engagement is tracked, measured and fully realized. You will bring partner insights into the business, to inform our enterprise-wide sustainability strategy; and you will collaborate across the business to ensure functions fully leverage our partnerships and platforms, integrating our sustainability advocacy objectives in to their planning. This includes collaborating with Corporate Communications to drive employee awareness of our sustainability partnerships and advocacy.
You lead through collaboration, and inspire with your commitment to system change and passion for a more sustainable future. You believe in the power of collective action and demonstrate that with deep relationship-building skills and the ability to convene at a high-level. Success in the role requires seasoned experience with campaigns and coalitions, and awareness of trends, innovations, and influencers in the sustainability landscape and stakeholder eco-system. As a change-maker and driver of impact, you set ambitious but measurable objectives for the partnerships and initiatives you engage on behalf of NIKE Inc.
Responsibilities to include:
• Co-develop and drive NIKE’s enterprise-wide sustainability partnership strategy, including management of our partnership evaluation and management tool.
• Identify and manage marquee advocacy partnership(s), including representing NIKE Inc at partner meetings and external events.
• Develop partnership strategies that support global and geo-specific advocacy platforms, alliances, coalitions and campaigns.
• Partner with Nike Leadership in key cities and geographies to define sustainability advocacy success metrics, and integrate with global initiatives.
• Partner with Purpose Communications, Brand, Government and Public Affairs, and Global Community Impact teams to innovate toolkits and assets that will accelerate industry and consumer engagement.
• Create plans, track timelines and oversee a budget. Oversee internal and external approval processes where appropriate.
• Excellent influencer skills and excellent writing skills; inspiring and innovative storyteller with deep expertise in writing and content creation for a variety of audiences and engagement goals, including speechwriting, presentations, digital content, media relations and events.
• Experience communicating to and working with senior executives to provide strategic counsel, clearly articulate ideas, successfully manage differing points of view and strengthen relationships and rapport.
• Experience with global campaigns, with internal and external audiences.
• Enjoys working across cultures and geographies; ability to communicate plans across a complex matrix on a corporate, regional and functional basis, including presenting before audiences of various sizes and cultures.
• Proven ability to develop and execute strategies with an excellent advocacy focus and multiple geography execution.
• Ability to work in fast paced, dynamic environment and prioritize across competing initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, PR, Journalism, or related discipline
- 10+ years demonstrated experience as a communications, stakeholder relations, public affairs or corporate affairs lead supporting globally branded organizations or high profile organizations
- Excellent verbal, written and intrapersonal communications skills and proven ability to lead high profile projects in global environment to deliver results
- Familiar with sustainability issues, positions and trends
- Engagement and stakeholder experience
- Proactive and self-starter, mature, independent and resourceful
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and working in a dynamic environment
- Passion for the NIKE brand and working for a purpose-driven company
- Team player, highly collaborative
- Familiarity with NIKE’s matrix, businesses, brand and operating ethos is preferred
- Ability to Travel, 30%
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00430609
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-02-26