Director, People Partner, Global Communications and Public Affairs
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of HR Business Partner/Senior Management experience.
- Experience setting strategy for people programs of global scope.
- 15 years of experience in senior HR leadership roles.
- Excellent facilitation skills, proven track record of building strong relationships with senior stakeholders. Strong business acumen and the ability to navigate and influence strong personalities within a complex business landscape and matrixed environment.
- Strong communication skills and understands how to communicate large complex change.
- Strong cross functional collaborator and influencer.
- Ability to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action based on the analysis and first principles thinker.
About the job
The Global Communications and Public Affairs (GCPA) team is responsible for showcasing how Google products make people’s lives easier and help individuals and companies succeed in a digital world. GCPA helps inform and educate users, advertisers, partners, opinion leaders, and our own employees about the benefits of Google’s products, our company culture/values and our approach to the big public policy issues of the day.
Whether coaching clients on how to lead their teams, navigating and resolving employee relations issues, or managing programs that help develop our Googlers, you’ll be focused on solving for Google, putting our people first, and being as clear and transparent as possible to help Googlers understand how people decisions get made.
You’ll work closely with a cross-functional group of subject-matter experts to design and execute on multiple strategies from staffing, onboarding, and compensation to diversity and inclusion and talent development. You’ll be comfortable representing business challenges and opportunities back to peer groups and senior leaders of Google’s clients teams. You’ll collaborate and influence senior stakeholders across People Operations and the business.
You’ll be a key partner with these leaders to proactively assess their organizational needs and implement solutions in a thoughtful and expedient way in a dynamic environment. You’ll be required to understand every aspect of the business and be a thought leader on people and organizational topics. You’ll need to think big, use data to guide your work, be comfortable challenging convention, and in some cases reinvent how work is done.
Great just isn’t good enough for our People Operations team (known elsewhere as “Human Resources”). We bring the world’s most innovative people to Google and provide the programs that help them thrive. Whether recruiting the next Googler, refining our core programs, developing talent, or simply looking for ways to inject some more fun into the lives of our Googlers, we bring a data-driven approach that is reinventing the human resources field. You’ll play an essential role advancing a more diverse, accessible, equitable, and inclusive Google through our hiring, promotion, retention, and inclusion practices.
- Consult with leaders to create a comprehensive people plan to drive business strategies and outcomes and offer thought leadership regarding organizational and people-related strategy and execution. Provide insightful data to guide decision making and provide proactive solutions.
- Solve problems and get to the root cause of any issue, no matter how complex, and design and quickly implement solutions that cut across multiple disciplines, even those beyond people and organizational solutions and ensure that Google is compliant and updated on all local employment laws.
- Provide expertise in the following areas: organizational effectiveness, leadership effectiveness, organizational transformation, performance management, coaching, data analysis, compensation and rewards, employee relations, learning and development, recognition programs, and strategic development.
- Work in partnership with peers in People Operations to provide support, programs, and developmental offerings to the Googlers in your group.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-10