Director, Pharmaceuticals, Federal Affairs
Johnson and Johnson is recruiting for a Director, Pharmaceuticals, Federal Affairs role to support the Federal Janssen Pharmaceutical and biologics portfolio focused on leadership in public policy, legislative, advocacy and political issues and federal pharmaceuticals team of lobbyists and policy professionals.
• Serve as critical Johnson & Johnson Janssen Pharmaceutical team member as part of J&J US Federal Affairs team to support Janssen priority initiatives, product portfolio and to develop and manage policy/legislative/political issues with key internal and externals business leaders and stakeholders.
• Lead efforts to identify business risks and opportunities, and to develop & execute legislative/regulatory/government solutions & strategies that maximize the value of the Janssen Pharmaceutical business and US based industry initiatives.
• Deliver coordinated Federal Government Affairs initiatives that advance the growth, access and innovation priorities of the Janssen North America business and relevant partners and organizations.
• Engage with key US based trade associations including the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers Association (PhRMA), the Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO), and other industry-based trade associations, coalitions and life-sciences organizations.
Strategic Leadership Responsibilities:
• Develop, implement and direct federal lobbying activities in support of the corporation’s legislative and policy priorities related to the Janssen Pharmaceuticals business.
• Daily responsibility for executing legislative and regulatory efforts to shape the external environment and to influence decisions by policy makers and elected officials for dedicated Janssen therapeutic areas and product portfolio.
• Represent the corporation both internally and externally on federal affairs matters relating to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Food and Drug Administration, congressional relations, Administration outreach, relevant trade associations (primarily PhRMA and BIO) and affiliated patient and provider stakeholder organizations.
• Collaborate with specific franchises and represent the J&J enterprise on numerous broader-based healthcare issues and activities and lead efforts to support the GA&P Global Strategic Framework and Enterprise Focus Areas.
• Building and maintaining relationships with identified stakeholders i.e.: congressional caucuses, patient, provider and other professional societies and stakeholder organizations.
• Direct external policy consultants, engage and manage key stakeholder industry coalitions, and collaborate with J&J Global Health Policy and State Government Affairs.
• A minimum of 8-10 years of experience in government, government affairs, healthcare policy and/or public policy arena required.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required; an advanced degree with concentration in healthcare policy, law, political science, communications or business administration is strongly preferred.
• A proven record of success in healthcare policy development and advocacy is required with preferred experience in biopharmaceuticals, life sciences and industry relations.
• Thorough knowledge of Federal government policy and legislative process is required.
• Ability to manage internal team, external policy consultants, engage key stakeholder industry coalitions, and collaborate with state government affairs is required.
• Familiarity and experience with the pharmaceutical industry trade associations, congressional staff, and other industry stakeholders preferred.
• The candidate must be a self-starter with exceptional initiative and ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
• The candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to present regularly to internal and external senior leaders and government officials.
• Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time to domestic locations.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-08-28