Job Summary: The Director, Policy at the Association for Accessible Medicines (AAM) is
responsible for working with leadership to identify issues impacting AAM members’ interests
and develop AAM policy positions that effectively support those interests. The role includes
identifying and managing research opportunities projects as well as developing written
testimony, public comments, policy papers and other materials in support of AAM’s policy
positions. The role also works closely with AAM’s communications team to create and
distribute content consistent with the strategic goals and mission of AAM.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collaborate and assist with the development of AAM’s policy positions.
• Serve as a project manager for policy research and data-driven projects. This includes
but is not limited to gathering information on new guidance, trends and anticipated
issues, identifying sources of research and policy analysis, contributing to strategy
development and execution, and supporting the production of research reports, brief
policy papers and other educational materials for internal and external audiences.
• Develop written testimony, public comments, policy papers, correspondence and other
materials to support both state and federal advocacy
• Monitor and track trends and developments in the generic industry and provide
proactive policy analysis and consultation to AAM staff and member companies
regarding emerging threats and opportunities.
• Identify research priorities and appropriate methodologies.
• Represent AAM in assigned external meetings and forums, as appropriate, as a
spokesperson and subject matter expert; document proceedings and share with AAM’s
Policy & Strategic Alliances team.
AAM is an Equal Opportunity Employer 2
• Foster development and strategic management of key relationships with Administration
• Collaborate with AAM’s Communications team to create and distribute content.
• Perform other duties as assigned consistent with the goals of AAM.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Strong working knowledge of health policy
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to simplify complex
issues through understandable and persuasive presentations
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, a focused listener
• Exceptional integrity, diplomacy, a positive attitude and ability to establish trust,
• Exhibits a high degree of personal initiative
• Exceptional organizational and project management skills for timely implementation of
projects involving multiple functions and external resources
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple initiatives and simultaneous requirements of
internal and external constituents with flexibility and a steady temperament
• Ability to work in a collaborative environment and accomplish tasks with self-direction
through exemplary customer service
• Ability to work creatively and with flexibility in a fast-paced environment while
maintaining high work standards.
• Excellent computer skills, including experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree, required. Advanced degree in public health, business or an equivalent
• 5+ years of professional experience in health policy, required
AAM is an Equal Opportunity Employer 3
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
• Standard office environment
This job description does not imply that the stated requirements are the only expectations for
the position. Incumbents are expected to perform any other duties that may be assigned. AAM
has the right to revise this job description at any time.
Please email email@example.com to submit a resume and cover letter.
Job posted: 2021-04-12