Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
This full-time staff position coordinates policy development on key issues impacting the healthcare distribution industry for HDA and its membership. This individual works with HDA member company subject matter experts and internally with all levels of HDA staff to help inform the distribution sector’s policy agenda on a wide range of issues, including, but not limited to, distribution logistics, supply chain resiliency, emergency preparedness, reimbursement, importation of prescription medicines, prescription drug abuse and diversion, pharmaceutical traceability, taxes, healthcare affordability and international trade.
- Researches and analyzes public and health policy issues impacting the healthcare distribution sector and supports the development of a healthcare distribution policy platform that informs and drives HDA advocacy and engagement.
- Partners with HDA functional areas, and across the membership, to support development of sound and executable policy, strategies and roadmaps that enhance the effectiveness, efficiency, and visibility of the healthcare supply chain.
- Works closely with the HDA Government Affairs and Communications teams to develop action plans and content that shapes policy deliberations and drives a patient and provider-centric focus in HDA’s approach to policy proposals of material impact to the healthcare supply chain.
- Acts as a resource across the organization to increase broad cohesion with and alignment to HDA’s policy platforms.
- Collaborates with the HDA Research Foundation to support incremental research activity undertaken to ensure continuity with overall HDA goals and strategies.
- Manages the coordination and completion of policy content and policy-related research which includes:
o Identifying and managing consultant teams for research projects or policy support.
o Outreach and engagement with members through taskforces and working groups; monitors response rates and follows up with participants.
o Support management of policy-focused task forces and working groups.
- Responsible for additional research projects and other duties as assigned.
- Strong oral communication skills (experience using various means of communication — including the phone).
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to present information both in writing and verbally in an understandable, concise manner.
- Detail oriented with ability to be extremely accurate, particularly in working with numbers; proven ability to proofread and edit written material.
- Computer literate with proficiency in statistical software, as well as the Microsoft Office suite (Microsoft Access, Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- An aptitude for numbers including the ability to carry out budget development and financial forecasting.
- Preferred candidates rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- College degree (BA or BS) required, master’s degree in health policy, public administration or research strongly preferred.
- At least five years related experience; understanding of healthcare supply chain and/or supply chain distribution issues a plus.
- Strong understanding of statistics, surveys and other primary qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and execution coupled with strong analytical skills.
First impressions matter in our hiring process, so please email a cover letter highlighting your qualifications for this position and salary requirements, along with your resume, to HRQ5@hda.org.
Job posted: 2022-07-16