Director, Policy Communications
Panorama Strategy is a boutique consultancy driven by a bias for action that works with stakeholders advancing social change. We develop creative and actionable solutions that help partners accelerate their progress, at whatever stage a project might be. Our expertise lies in strategy development, advocacy, communications, and stakeholder engagement. While we have decades of experience in global health and development, we are issue agnostic and pursue partnerships wherever our skills can create positive impact.
Our dynamic, growing organization seeks a Director of Policy Communications to lead a portfolio of strategic policy, advocacy, and communications projects on behalf of our global clients. In addition, this person will part of a four-person leadership team responsible for driving the organization’s growth and managing staff members. Successful candidates will be strategic thinkers, experienced advisors, strong collaborators, and master doers.
This position reports to the Vice President of Strategy. This position is open to being fully remote on a permanent basis.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Client and Partner Engagement
- Lead strategic policy communications projects for our high-profile and globally recognized clients working on social impact issues. Includes providing best-in-class strategic counsel and designing and implementing multi-faceted, integrated communications strategies and tactics
- Oversee project budgets and scope, deliverable development, and client relations, providing support and guidance to project teams as needed to ensure the needs of partners are met
- Facilitate connections across partner activities and workstreams, as well as internal teams and activities, to optimize resources and maximize impact
- Serve as an internal advisor to other project teams on the design and implementation of integrated communications strategies
- Analyze, synthesize, and report on key policy, public health, and scientific issues in the US and internationally
- Write, edit, and disseminate strategic policy communications documents and materials geared for US and international audiences, including talking points, PowerPoint presentations, policy recommendations, messaging toolkits, and fact sheets
- Identify, lead, and manage relationships with targeted media outlets
- Lead and participate in business development activities, including prospect research, partnership cultivation, and drafting and finalizing proposals and budgets
- Assess new partnership opportunities and make recommendations based on strategic alignment and feasibility of the opportunity
- Contribute to development of organizational strategy, which includes a business development strategy and annual organizational goals
- Manage members of the Strategy team; provide leadership and coaching for direct reports and broader team as needed
- Contribute to thought leadership in alignment with business goals and positioning
- Develop and lead team building events
- Monitor developments in key issue areas and flag opportunities for further engagement
- A minimum of 12 years of professional experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience) working in strategic communications and/or policy, including at least two to three years leading consultative client or partner projects from start-to-finish
- A minimum of5 years of management experience
- Experience developing and implementing policy and/or strategic communications strategies, campaigns, and tactics to advance social issues
- Experience overseeing production of content, including writing policy briefs, strategies, and creative briefs, and managing various types of content including videos, infographics, social media content, etc.
- Exceptional analytical skills and the ability to write both strategically and creatively under tight deadlines
- Strong aptitude for forging partnership opportunities and nurturing existing ones.
- Knowledge of global health and global development issues
- Experience working for or collaborating with a variety of types of organizations, including pharmaceutical companies, corporations, foundations, multilateral agencies, and international NGOs
- Exceptional ability to manage teams, serve as a leader, and collaborate in a multi-faceted organization and sector
- Fluency in written and spoken English, additional language proficiencies welcomed
The salary range for this position is $116,000 – $130,000 depending on experience, education, and internal equity.
Panorama offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 100% employee-covered and employer-paid medical, dental and vision insurance, paid time off and sick leave, 401(k) with employer contribution, as well as flexible spending accounts for health, dependent care, and transit, and a commitment to professional development and growth.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can apply here.
Applications received by 5:00PM PT on September 19, 2021, will receive priority review.
Established in 2017, Panorama is a diverse team of aspirational thinkers with the know-how to get things done in a fast-paced and flexible environment. We work closely with partners to identify their needs and co-develop practical and results-oriented strategies. Approaching our work with an entrepreneurial spirit, we initiate our own projects when we are uniquely positioned to fill a gap. We are a growing organization that is committed to creating a culture of fun, inclusivity, and openness, always celebrating individual and project milestones.
The values we share in our work and in our lives also inspire our name and logo.
Panorama is committed to creating a diverse team and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We know that representation matters in the workplace and with our partners; to that end we are committed to a hiring process grounded in equity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
Panorama complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Nicole Travis, HR Generalist, at email@example.com.
Panorama Strategy is a social purpose corporation incorporated under the laws of the State of Washington. Panorama Strategy is an affiliate of Panorama Global.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Final offer will be contingent on successful background check.
Job posted: 2021-09-08