Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director, Policy Communications
Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defense.
Anduril’s corporate communications team is responsible for shaping and driving Anduril’s narrative globally. We inform the world about how we’re building the future of defense through our capabilities, software and hardware products. We’re looking for a Director of Policy Communications to join our team. As a Director of Policy Communications, you’ll be responsible for driving strategy and tactical execution for Anduril’s policy communications, product communications and analyst / influencer relations.
The right person for this role is deadline-driven, an excellent communicator and a strong writer. This is an integral role in a fast-paced startup environment and you’ll need to be able to manage multiple programs at once, from strategic planning through tactical execution. We’re looking for someone who is creative, able to make the leap from information to insight and who is able to identify, cultivate and executive creative ideas and concepts. You’re succinct – able to keep complex things simple and a big picture thinker with a detail-oriented approach. The ideal candidate will be a masterful storyteller with high judgement.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Drive strategic and tactical communications programs that proactively advance Anduril’s policy goals and initiatives.
- Design earned media strategies and pitches to reporters to attract coverage in targeted media outlets where policymakers and influencers go to stay informed.
- Drive Anduril and executive thought-leadership through the creation of narratives, op-eds and messaging that further our objectives.
- Drive clear narratives that spotlight our products, technologies and capabilities and build awareness of through product launches, media opps, and owned content.
- Proactively identify opportunities and moments to add Anduril to public conversations to raise awareness for our brand and products.
- Oversee Anduril’s analyst relations program, which includes educating industry analysts about Anduril’s unique intersection of technology and defense, facilitating analyst briefings and interviews and preparing analyst briefing tours, presentations, and documents.
- Build, maintain, and value positive relationships with the business, defense trade, and tech media; influencers; and analysts.
- Work closely with senior leadership on speaking engagements, interviews and other opportunities.
- Help manage the day-to-day relationship with external public relations agency.
- Accomplished communications professional with at least 6-8 years of experience in corporate communications, media relations, public relations agency or related field(s). Background in product or policy communications preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and a passion for storytelling.
- Ability to understand and translate complex technical jargon into compelling easy to understand messaging, and compelling stories for a variety of audiences.
- Experience managing analyst relations and influencer programs.
- Ability to think, plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organized fashion.
- Strong organizational, project management, and analytical skills. Proven capability to manage everything from strategy to details of day-to-day program execution.
- Willing to flex between higher level strategy and detailed executional work.
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!
Job posted: 2022-10-30