Director, Policy Communications
Washington, DC/New York/Texas
- Build and execute proactive communications programs for press, policy makers, and other groups to communicate Match Group’s deep commitment to the privacy, security and safety of our users.
- Build and maintain meaningful relationships with reporters focusing on technology, government, and foreign affairs, as well as other external stakeholders.
- Manage in-bound press inquiries on a range of time-sensitive issues with high stakes and visibility.
- Devise and lead proactive media campaigns for Match Group on key innovations related to privacy and security – working closely with teams across our brands.
- Develop and create a wide range of communications materials including blog posts, communications plans, statements, briefing materials for executives and more.
- Prepare and train spokespeople.
- Represent the Communications team in a wide range of internal, high-impact discussions including with cross-functional partners in engineering, product, policy, legal, and other groups within the company.
- Support crisis communications and be able to quickly drive a cross functional team when needed.
- Manage PR agencies and coordinate with GR and legal teams to support these efforts.
- 8-10+ years of experience in communications for a technology company, government, NGO, or political campaigns
- Experience managing crises communications and developing communications strategies
- Experience distilling technology or policy concepts into plain language for a variety of audiences
- Experience creating messaging materials, and working collaboratively with groups across our portfolio including Legal, Government Relations, and Comms teams at our various brands.
- Experience developing global communications campaigns
- Experience working with a public relations agency or communications consultants
- Benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401(k)
- Workstation and tools of your choice
- Free snacks & drinks all day long
- Company happy hours and events
- Generous maternity and/or paternity leave and contributions towards fertility preservation
- Working with the world’s best dating apps!
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-03-11