Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director, Policy & Government Affairs
FDA is hiring for two newly created positions! Join a growing government affairs team to support a vital and dynamic $303 billion industry that supplies food and related products to more than one million professional kitchens daily, including restaurants, colleges and universities, K-12 schools, U.S. military and government facilities, hospitals and care facilities, hotels and resorts, and other operations that make meals away from home possible.
The International Foodservice Distributors Association is seeking two Directors of Policy & Government Affairs who will represent the interests of the foodservice distribution industry before Congress and federal agencies. Each director will also be responsible for managing activities within the Government Affairs department, including staffing IFDA’s new “Fly-Out” program. We seek individuals who have strong relationships on Capitol Hill and a working knowledge of the legislative and regulatory processes, who are energetic and self-starters, and who can manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Work with the VP of Government Affairs to implement advocacy strategies with Congress and federal agencies to advance legislative and regulatory policies that are favorable for the foodservice distribution industry
- Build and maintain contacts with key lawmakers, congressional and committee staff, federal agencies, and representatives of allied trade associations
- Monitor legislative and regulatory activity, and assist in policy development, in defined issue areas that may include labor, taxes, transportation, and food safety
- Work with the IFDA communications team to draft materials, including issue summaries, fact sheets, letters, and talking points in support of IFDA’s government affairs priorities
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support IFDA-led coalition activities and represent IFDA at various coalition meetings, as necessary
- Assist in planning and executing IFDA’s Fly-Out program, including coordinating IFDA member facility tours with key lawmakers
- Assemble content for, and communicate with, IFDA member companies through the Daily Update, Federal Insight, and other association communications vehicles
- Assist in IFDAPAC fundraising efforts and attend fundraisers and other political events on behalf of the association
- Assist in planning and executing association committee meetings staffed by the Government Affairs department and attend meetings, as necessary
- Serve as a resource to IFDA members and staff, including responding to government affairs inquiries
Job posted: 2022-01-12