Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director of Policy & Government Affairs
As Director of Policy & Government Affairs, you will work with the Head of Policy & Government Affairs to develop and execute an impactful and comprehensive government relations and policy strategy for Via at all levels of government.
What You’ll Do:
- Proactively initiate and cultivate relationships with key policymakers and their staffs, ensuring Via’s policy stances are known at the regional/local, national, and EU levels
- Develop and then advocate for Via’s positions on legislation or regulations that will impact Via’s success in particular markets, as well as proactively generate opportunities for Via’s business through policy outcomes
- Effectively represent Via and its vision for the improvement of cities to the broader political and policy community, and build partnerships with key stakeholders, including NGOs, think tanks, and academic institutions.
- Draft official written material: op-eds, blog posts, policy proposals, comments on regulations, formal correspondence, etc.
- Manage public policy firm and consultant engagements on targeted projects
- Work effectively within formal and informal industry coalitions, and otherwise develop industry contacts, to advance areas of common interest
- Represent the company at policy conferences and other forums
Who You Are:
- 10+ years’ relevant experience
- A strategic thinker and day-to-day executor who can juggle several issues at once; you’re able to effectively consider and solve both short and long-term problems
- Execution-oriented; a self-starter who takes action and achieves tangible results
- Excellent communicator with demonstrated writing, editing, and speaking skills
- You can articulate strategic objectives and have a deep knowledge of government, politics and political affairs;
- Experience managing relationships with a broad spectrum of stakeholders across different countries
- In policy or geographic areas that are new to you, you can quickly get up to speed, identify the key issues, and quickly develop and execute a strategy;
- Fluent in German
What Catches Our Eye:
- Fluency in Dutch or French
- A track record of translating strategy into action at the regulatory and legislative level
- Exposure working on climate change issues and mobility topics
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunities employer.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-04-28