Director, Policy Lead
Our vision is loved brands, done sustainably, for a better shared future. We strive to provide cutting-edge excellence in ingredients, innovation, design and marketing. As a Director, Policy Lead you will work as part of team responsible for the development and alignment of The Coca-Cola Company and the Coca-Cola North America System’s federal, state and local public policy positions in United States and Canada. Additionally, this role collaborates with Public Policy leads around the world to share best practices and scale ideas. The Director Policy Lead focuses on improving company reputation and driving company purpose through close coordination with Federal Government Relations and Zone teams.
What You’ll Do for Us
- Work as part of team responsible for the development and alignment of The Coca-Cola Company and the Coca-Cola North America System’s federal, state and local public policy positions in United States and Canada.
- Consult with the federal government relations and PACS Zone teams as well as non-government stakeholders across the spectrum of topics impacting the system and the communities in which we operate to inform public policy positions in the areas of, but not limited to:
- Economic / Fiscal Policy
- Health / Nutrition / Ingredient Policy / Regulation (labeling, marketing, et cetera),
- Environmental Policy and Regulation
- Diversity Equity & Inclusion Workplace
- Transportation and Supply Chain
- Work as part of an agile, networked team coordinating across PACS, Technical (SRA & QSE), Finance, Marketing and Sustainability where relevant to draft public policy positions to be executed at the federal, state and local levels.
- Support PACS Zone and Federal Government Relations teams in their response to reactive policy and regulatory opportunities that originate at the federal, state and local level.
- Assist with engagement of industry trade associations to build coalitions that support “FOR” policy stances that advance the reputation of the Coca-Cola system in North America
- Develop tools, briefing materials, collateral, in collaboration with the Strategic Communications team, for the Federal Government Relations and PACS zone teams to effectively advocate for our public policy positions in the United States and Canada.
Qualification & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree Preferred;
- 10 – 15 years’ experience in public affairs in public, private or NGO sector; government experience is preferred
What We Can Do for You
- Iconic & Innovative Brands
- Our portfolio represents over 250 products with some of the most popular brands in the world, including Coca-Cola, Simply, Fairlife & Topo Chico.
- Expansive & Diverse Customers: We work with a diversified group of customers which range from retail & grocery outlets, theme parks, movie theatres, restaurants, and many more each day.
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-29