Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director, Policy and Research
Primary Responsibilities: The Director, Policy and Research will support the Council and the Center for Climate and Trade by developing and managing research projects and workflow, and interfacing with staff, consultants, and outside stakeholders to inform and advance the public discussion around carbon pricing and the international linkage of market-based climate policies. The Director will have external facing opportunities including representing the organization at conferences and other public speaking events.
· Work with the Senior Vice President, Policy and Research/Executive Director of the Council’s Center for Climate and Trade, to develop a research and policy agenda that shapes the public conversation on market-based climate and climate-and-trade policies and supports our stakeholders.
· Closely monitor relevant developments in the field and report key findings to the internal team and interested parties as warranted. This will involve tracking research, analysis, legislative developments, and advocacy as well as attending events both virtually and in person.
· Identify, secure, and manage outside contractors, consultants, and influential scholars to conduct and publish research for the Council and the Center; manage contractual agreements and related processes, actions and measurables for consultants.
· Build strategic relationships with stakeholders and other analysts in the research community to support the overarching goals of the organization.
· Support existing coalition and other external stakeholders and contributors, including by briefing leadership, responding to questions about policy design and impacts, and coordinating meetings.
· Attend events and serve as a spokesperson for Council research and policy work.
· Represent Council work in meetings with Members of Congress, Hill staff, Administration officials as directed.
- Execute special projects as requested by the Executive Director of the Council’s Center for Climate and Trade and/or Chief Executive Officer.
· This position has project-based managerial responsibility for assigned staff members.
· Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
· Minimum of 7-10 years of experience with demonstrated expertise in international climate policy research and analysis. Experience in trade associations, think tanks, policy institutions, and/or political engagement preferred.
· Experience and expertise in project management with ability to manage junior-level staff, outside consultants and complicated timelines.
· Superior knowledge of climate and/or trade policy; familiarity with energy/environmental modeling, relationships to significant research and advocacy organizations.
· Ability to multi-task, meet pressing deadlines, anticipate needs, and adjust in a changing environment.
· Impeccable integrity and honesty and ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Strong verbal and written communications and the ability to present in a group setting.
This position is based in DC in a traditional in-office setting, subject to the organization’s telework policy. Currently the office is operating in a hybrid environment.
Compensation: Competitive salary based on experience.
Email email@example.com for more information.
Job posted: 2022-04-19