Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director, Political Engagement & Grassroots
Develop and manage state-level grassroots campaigns for an assigned list of states. In addition, responsible for managing APCIA consumer grassroots social properties, including content coordination and reporting. Also responsible for setting up and managing the execution of grassroots alerts and email communications for all states, and performs varied grassroots coordination, tracking, and reporting responsibilities.
- Develop, plan, execute and manage grassroots campaigns for identified issues in assigned states, including the necessary website and technical set-up with assistance from Political Engagement Coordinator. Keeps manager and Political Engagement leadership informed of grassroots activities.
- Manages the development and execution of consumer grassroots social media campaigns and oversees social media content drafting, review and posting.
- Participates in state legislative update calls for assigned states and coordinate with AVP on issues for potential grassroots activation.
- Partner with other Political staff to identify and recruit Member company executive and government relations participation on priority policy issues. This includes presenting options for engagement with APCIA members virtually and in person.
- Responsible for managing Voice of America’s Insurers website, with assistance from Political Engagement Coordinator, which contains grassroots tools and APCIA member co-brand websites.
- Manages APCIA get out the vote efforts including overseeing content creation and deployment.
- Responsible for tracking the grassroots needs and priorities for assigned list of states.
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Communications or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years-experience in grassroots, political campaigns or social media.
- Familiarity with Capital Canary (formerly Phone2Action) a plus
- Familiarity with government legislative processes, in both the state and federal legislative branches
Job posted: 2022-06-14