Director of PR and Social Communications
Director, Communications & Social Media
We exist to democratize law, and deliver on that by bringing quality and affordable legal help to anyone who is starting a business, planning for their family, or protecting their ideas. If you ask our employees, (or Zoomers, as we call ourselves), they’ll tell you the people are the best part about working here, and that’s because we don’t lose sight of our purpose. It’s an exciting time to be here. We are growing rapidly, and expanding into new products and services. We are looking to bring in leaders that want to further drive our purpose, help lead our growth, enhance our culture, develop our teams and accelerate career growth in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, inclusive, transparent, and talented organization.
We are looking for a Director of PR and Social Communications to create and build a holistic communications program for our organization—from strategy and execution, to hiring team members to support our efforts. As a champion of our brand, the Director of Communications & Social Media will lead the way, using their strategic storytelling skills to influence public perception of our brand, champion our customers and business, make our social impact work known, and cultivate employee engagement. Success will be measured by overall reach and target numbers set with our communications partner, social media audience growth and engagement metrics, internal communications metrics, brand awareness numbers, and overall brand health KPIs.
This is an executive role in the organization, and with it comes the responsibility of ensuring consistent, strategic messaging and brand alignment across key departments and senior leadership team. The Director of PR & Social Communications will report to the Vice President of Brand Strategy.
- Create integrated PR strategy and plan in support of LegalZoom’s business and brand priorities
- Act as communications liaison with the media in pitches and inquiries in partnership with our communications agency
- Identify media and thought leadership opportunities to support LegalZoom’s impact on national conversations relevant to the organization’s purpose
- Build relationships and alliances with influencers that can help advance LegalZoom’s business and purpose
- Serve as internal liaison with key spokespeople to respond to and proactively pitch and execute campaigns across various outlets and social channels
- Build and protect our brand reputation amongst customers, employees, and potential hires by mitigating risk and proactively telling the story of who we are and what we do
- Manage agency resources in support of key programs and initiatives
- Serve as the key communications resource for the organization
- Develop and execute strategic, integrated internal communications programs that span advance the goals of our business and culture
- Ensure that important announcements and information is communicated in the most effective and on-brand way across the organization in various channels (email, intranet, video, Town Halls, newsletters, etc.)
- Serve as partner and collaborator with our HR and Senior Leadership teams to support our culture of transparency, empowerment, and customer-first
- Oversee and execute all internal communications so they are brand compliant, consistent, and engaging
- Ensure execution and editorial review of all internal communication materials to ensure accuracy, clarity and appropriateness of specific content and vehicles for different audiences
- Oversee, mentor, and coach Communication Manager to ensure execution is aligned with strategy
- Serve as the key communications resource for the organization, guiding and advising on key messaging
- Partner with key stakeholders across the organization to define social content strategy and execution plan
- Drive strategy and execution of brand marketing initiatives through content storytelling, ensuring a consistent brand message across multiple consumer touch points including (but not limited to) Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Provide thought leadership in content and brand strategy for social across all initiatives and deliverables, and across multiple channels to meet and/or exceed metric targets including engagement, follower growth, impressions, reach, traffic, revenue, etc.
- Oversee content calendar and strategy to align with marketing, sales, customer care, product, HR, and partner opportunities
- Align with brand initiatives, events, press, and other activations that require content and social media integration
- Implement audience and community strategy on how to generate awareness and engagement
- Identify new trends to spark new innovative content development for organic platform growth
- Guide external agencies and vendors involved with producing content, community management, etc.
- Implement monitoring and reporting on social media performance
- Oversee, manage, and coach managers on the communications team
- 10+ years in public relations, communications, and social media
- A track record of thought leadership and successful implementation of communications programs, strong strategic thinking skills, and the ability to lead and motivate agencies, influence management, peers, and direct reports.
- Experiencing in working with senior leaders of an organization, crafting communications strategies appropriate for their roles and personalities
- Success in developing breakthrough communications programs through strategy, execution, and production
- Stellar copywriting and storytelling skills
- Experience in overseeing designers as it pertains to communications and social media
- An influencer and collaborator with cross-functional teams, as well as experience establishing an internal network of relationships at all levels of the organization to drive results
- Extensive agency management experience and media understanding (social and traditional)
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Leads with a service mindset, and is as passionate about growing and mentoring their teams
- Ability to manage projects, organize and complete complex tasks, prioritize multiple assignments based on sound judgement and objectivity, and deliver on a timely basis
- Degree in Communications, Journalism, or Marketing a plus
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-11