Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director, Product, Innovation Services & Government Affairs
San Francisco, CA/Seattle, WA/Chicago, IL
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
The Legal team helps DocuSign achieve strategic goals, manage legal risk, and preserve the legal and ethical integrity of the company. We are regularly involved in critical, complex operations, and partner across the business to solve challenging problems to support our growth and progress globally. We focus on providing thorough analysis and offer legal advice to foster sound decision-making and ensure compliance with legal and other relevant standards and certifications.
As the Director of Product, Innovation Services & Government Affairs, you’ll serve as a thought leader, industry expert and legal subject matter expert. You will partner closely with our Product / Engineering, Marketing, Compliance, Government Affairs, Risk, Security, and other teams to serve as counsel on and help build best-in-class digital services supporting end-to-end digital transactions for customers globally. We would look to this person to engage in various different verticals, such as financial services and healthcare & life sciences, and on varying subject matter including legality of electronic signature, best practices for contract lifecycle management and utilizing artificial intelligence and machine learning in the practice of law.
We are looking for an energetic, personable, high performer, who is adaptable, is curious, loves to learn and operates with a high degree of integrity and independence. You thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and love taking on a new challenge, serving as a visible public representative for DocuSign and helping continue to build DocuSign into a best-in-class operational organization. You also will support the business by thinking outside of the box while always protecting DocuSign and its trust brand. You are passionate about technology and its impact on our professional community and more generally the world-at-large. You are a self-starter, who would be a great fit for our hard-working, experienced and fun team.
This position is an individual contributor role reporting to the Deputy General Counsel, Product, Innovation Services and Government Affairs and is designated Flex.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on varying legal-related topics in different industries and different geos
- Drive and coordinate external advocacy efforts, outreach programs and key initiatives in support of DocuSign’s strategic business objectives
- Lead an industry relations strategic framework in the electronic notarization space, including representing DocuSign as a thought leader in strategic vertical industry groups
- Work with product compliance and government affairs in researching, analyzing, and interpreting applicable federal and state laws and regulations to ensure DocuSign’s policies, practices and operations comply with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Draft comments for industry & regulatory proceedings that advance key policy priorities
- Enhance existing engagement models and serve as a trusted business partner representing the Legal organization to corporate functions, business lines, and other internal and external stakeholders
- Partner closely with Product, Marketing and Corporate Communications teams to develop compelling and consistent messaging related to products and industry verticals
- Facilitate collaborative alliances between DocuSign leadership and key partners, including policymakers and executives, industry associations, and alliance partners to promote and advocate for DocuSign
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Experience in engaging and presenting to executives both within a company and to customers and other external stakeholders
- A minimum of 12 years of experience in digital transformation technologies and how they apply to the practice of law
- Juris Doctorate
- 20+ years of experience in advocacy and issue development in financial services, healthcare & life sciences and other industry verticals
- Understanding of and background in advocacy and issue development pertaining to electronic signing, contract lifecycle management and other legal tech technologies
- Ability to build strong relationships quickly and interact with all levels of the business with ease
- Great judgment, attention to detail, interpersonal, collaborative and communication skills, with demonstrated teaming ability to work well with, influence, and inform diverse groups, including peers and business partners
- Dedicated to providing top-notch customer-oriented service and possessing strong interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic and the highest level of integrity and business ethics
- General understanding of cloud and software industries, including SaaS model, and a strong desire to work on tough legal, compliance and advocacy issues in these areas
- Team attitude that no job is too big or too small and rolling up your sleeves is part of the gig
DocuSign may require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination to visit a DocuSign office, to meet with potential or actual customers or business partners, or for other business-related purposes, in accordance with local law. Please note that DocuSign has contracts with different governments globally which may require compliance with local and federal laws.
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world’s #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people’s lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It’s important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-01-08