Director & Proposal Writer
SKDK, the Holmes Report 2019 Public Affairs Agency of the Year, is looking for a Director & Proposal Writer to participate in the firm’s efforts to market our national public affairs practice. This person is responsible for supporting the firm’s senior leaders by writing and overseeing new business proposals and participating in new business calls. We look for people who want to be part of the most pressing issues of the day and have the desire to work in a fast-paced, politically engaged environment. This is a great opportunity for a writer who is a strategic thinker and has prior public affairs agency experience.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Write proposals and develop case studies.
- Oversee the firm’s business development process for public affairs projects.
- Organize the new business RFI/RFP process, with input from team members.
- Facilitate brainstorm sessions and manage creative design and deliverables.
- Identify and manage the application process for industry and employee awards.
- Experience developing proposals and compelling presentations that articulate a strategic vision.
- Excellent writing, research and editing skills, including fluency in AP Style.
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Experience managing multiple projects and the ability to handle competing deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of public affairs and political communications tactics – including earned media, paid media, and social media strategies.
- Ability to adapt and respond quickly to changing landscapes, and to work well under pressure.
- Excellent written, verbal, and project management skills.
Candidates should have over five years of relevant experience in agencies, writing and strategic communications.
SKDK is committed to diversity among its staff and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to its clients. SKDK is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, ancestry, genetic information, military service, veteran’s status or any other protected category under local, state, or federal law. We encourage diverse applicants to apply.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send an email titled “Director & Proposal Writer” with your resume and cover letter to us: DCPAjobs@skdkjobs.com.
Job posted: 2021-07-14