At Exelon, we’ve got a place for you!
Join the nation’s leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Lead the development, execution and assessment of a comprehensive advocacy communications program for Exelon’s operating companies. Serve as senior counselor to operating company leaders on state and federal policy issues where communications in support of a key business objective is needed. Will work closely with both the Senior VP of Communications, Public Advocacy & Corporate Relations and the VP of Public Advocacy Communications to recruit, engage and develop a top team of public policy communications professionals who will work closely with Corporate Communications, Generation Communications, State Government Affairs, Federal Affairs, Legal, Corporate Development and other Exelon departments to execute communications programs in support of key Exelon business objectives including customer choice, competitive markets, federal and state environmental rulemaking, new generation (i.e., solar, wind or other energy) asset development and support for existing generation assets.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. With the Public Advocacy Communications team, lead the creation and execution of communications programs in support of Exelon’s public policy objectives.
2. Lead Public Advocacy Communications Team in prioritizing which key state, regional and national energy, customer choice and environmental public policy issues Exelon should engage on.
3. Work with the VP of Public Advocacy Communications in creating an efficient and effective internal communications strategy and approach for educating and informing key internal leaders of the objectives of the Public Advocacy Team and its results in support of all the operating companies.
4. Partner with the VP of Public Advocacy Communications in collaborating with outside public affairs, public relations and strategic communications agencies whose services will be utilized by the Public Advocacy team in support of company public policy objectives.
5. With the VP of Public Advocacy Communications, build and develop a team of highly talented members with strong public policy and communications expertise to execute programs in support of company public policy objectives. Lead those team member’s leadership development efforts.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Public Policy, Political Science or related field. Master’s degree in a related field preferred
• 12 or more years of experience.
• 5 years in a senior leadership role.
• Utility or energy industry leadership experience preferred
• Experience with regional and national public policy campaigns preferred
• High degree of interpersonal skills and communication skills in working effectively with executives.
• High level of self-motivation and independence will be critical.
• Ability to develop and lead high performing work teams.
DISCLAIMER The preceding position description is intended to provide the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be a detailed description of the position or a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position, nor is it intended to indicate the exact amounts of time an individual will perform various position duties.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Job Posted: March 12, 2017