The Auto Club Group
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Responsible for one or more public affairs functions (e.g., regional public affairs, contributions, community relations) for assigned region or function. Develops and guides the achievement of department goals and objectives. Communicates The Auto Club Group’s (ACG) positions on public affairs, legislation issues affecting traffic safety, members and products offered by ACG, etc., as needed. Builds relationships with key public officials, civic leaders, and/or safety stakeholders to achieve public affairs goals and communicate the corporate position on various issues.
Establishes, enhances and maintains AAA’s and ACG’s image as a responsible corporate citizen, and a resource for safety information and education, etc. May provide regional management with communication support and create brand awareness among the media through strategic communication methods and by issuing regular news releases, holding news conferences and building relationships with reporters. May educate members, the general public, media, elected officials and employees regarding the company’s public affairs programs and core business lines.
May participate in the selection, hiring and performance management of assigned staff and in the budget planning and management process.
This position will cover the state of Florida.
- Advertising and marketing strategies
- ACG products and services
- Insurance and travel industries, products and services
- 5 years Communications, Public Relations and Media Experience
- Bilingual English/Spanish
Works in a temperature controlled office environment. Frequent travel required (up to 50% of work time), with exposure to road hazards and temperature extremes.
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
College level coursework in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or a related field. Bachelor degree preferred.
- Developing, implementing and coordinating a corporate communications plan
- Coordinating publicity campaigns and other special public relations projects
- Media relations, community affairs, government affairs or a related field
- Public relations strategies and tactics
- Local media channels and networks
- Corporate community involvement
- State, regional and local traffic laws and traffic safety education
- Effectively serve as a credible representative of ACG to target audiences
- Communicate effectively with others in a work environment, the media and with the public
- Build relationships with the media, civic leaders, safety stakeholders, and other key audiences
- Collaborate with internal leaders to support business results
- Conceptualize, develop and implement programs to promote and enhance the image, products and services of ACG
- Decision making
- Managing and controlling major projects
- Organization and planning
- Budget planning and management
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
(A writing sample may be required at time of interview.)
Willingness to work evenings, weekends and to travel as required.
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits packages including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Learn more here
Job Posted: August 30, 2017