Director, Public Affairs
SK Group is an international conglomerate headquartered in South Korea, with over 100 operating companies in the semiconductor, telecommunications, energy, technology, advanced materials, and life sciences sectors. SK hynix is an operating company of SK Group and has a presence in the United States through its subsidiary SK hynix America, which is located in San Jose, California.
The Global Development Group (GDG) in Washington, DC, is organized under SK hynix America and serves to advance SK Group’s overall brand and strategic investment priorities in the US through engagement with US federal, state, and local government stakeholders, as well as think tanks, and third-party convening organizations.
Within GDG DC, this Public Affairs position will develop and execute strategies to build SK Group’s visibility among Washington audiences, promote its public policy priorities, and shape public dialogue on important business and investment issues.
- Develop and execute public affairs strategy and advocacy capabilities to deliver informed messages on important initiatives to stakeholders in Washington
- Build relationships and alliances with media, influencers, stakeholders, convening organizations, and think tanks in Washington
- Monitor, track, and analyze the impact of SK Group’s public affairs strategy in Washington
- Prepare various material for internal and external use, including reports, updates, talking points, FAQs, messaging, opinion pieces, and press releases
- Coordinate public affairs activities with government relations and brand/corporate communications teams
- Knowledge of the US legislative and regulatory processes, including stakeholder organizing and the mechanics of policymaking
- Knowledge of and experience engaging with Washington, DC think tanks and convening organizations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; excellent judgment and strategic decision-making skills
- Advanced communications experience with shaping public dialogue on complex policy positions
- Strong planning and organization skills; proven ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills; team player
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of communications/public affairs professional experience, with in-house/agency, Congressional, or other government communications experience preferred
- Strong media relations expertise, with robust media relationships with Washington and national media, think tanks, and/or convening organizations
- Writing samples required
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-12