Director, Public Affairs
The Director at M Booth Health is a mid-level professional focused on management of complex client projects and day to day team management. The Director has a broad range of strategic communications experience in the public health or medical fields. They manage projects for their primary clients and provides project support to other accounts, as needed, in the areas of oncology, sexual and reproductive health, HIV, and other infectious and non-communicable disease areas.
The Director serves as a visible client contact and provides strategic counsel while spending significant time developing and managing their team.
They are committed to constant growth and works closely with their senior manager to hone skills in leadership, management, client presentation and networking. In this leadership training role, the Director also partners with their senior manager in managing client accounts for growth, supporting lead identification and creating opportunities for staff to contribute to the company’s goals.
This is an ideal position for a motivated and passionate communications professional who has a sophisticated understanding of the health and media environments. The Director reports to a Vice President or a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
Account & General Management
- Develops and manages projects related to every aspect of agency services, including strategies, implementation plans, staffing, timelines, communications materials, evaluation tools and budgets
- Serves as a day-to-day contact on client accounts
- Provides strategic counsel to both clients and staff with substantial autonomy
- Creates and tracks project work plans and budgets to ensure timely completion and quality of client deliverables
- Spends significant time drafting and editing client deliverables
- Organizes and attends client meetings and supports the development and delivery of client presentations
- Manages top-tier reporter and media relationships and outreach
- Manages project teams and ensures the agency’s full resources are maximized
- Manages and mentors the team’s Senior Associates and junior staff
- Participates in hiring, assessment and career development opportunities
- Identifies professional development opportunities for team members and conducts staff reviews for direct reports
- Partners with senior manager to hone skills in leadership, management, client presentation techniques and networking
Financial & Administrative
- Manages client account budget development and monitoring of financial performance
- Manages overall workflow for significant projects and client deliverables
- Ensures clients are invoiced in a timely manner
- Assists in preparing regular account check-ins with clients and presents accomplishments and plans for the next period
- Partners with senior management team in the development of client revenue projections, managing accounts for growth and lead identification
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 6-8 years of experience in a PR, health advocacy or communications setting with experience in healthcare, public health and/or pharmaceutical communications
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strategic and creative thinker
- Superb management skills – balancing discipline with flexibility
- Capacity to motivate and inspire staff and colleagues
- Political savvy and a strong sense of professional and personal ethics
- Experience managing budgets
- Entrepreneurial skill and ability to grow existing accounts and pursue leads for new ones
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, a collaborative style and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to work effectively within time constraints
- Positive, energetic attitude; enthusiasm and dedication to exceptional work products
- Experience developing digital and social media strategies essential
- Knowledge of French and/or Spanish not required but preferred
M Booth Health is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-21