Director of Public Affairs
Job Description: Director of Public Affairs
Come join the AccentCare team and Make A Difference every day.
The Director of Public Affairs will represent the Company on federal legislative and regulatory issues, serving as a liaison in advocating favorable federal legislative and regulatory positions for the Company and the community. He/she will play a key role on a host of issues that impact the post-acute home-based community including assisting and coordinating the development of public policy positions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Advocate before Congress, relevant federal agencies, MedPAC, MacPAC, and the executive branch on policies that affect the company. Identify and implement innovative solutions to challenging legislative and political issues. Identify, support and promote home-based healthcare reforms that are favorable to the company.
- Track policy issues related to regulation of home health, hospice, and personal care at the federal level. Keep company apprised of policy landscape for post-acute home-based care, value-based care, Medicare, and Medicaid policies.
- Track policy issues at the state level concerning Medicaid, CON law, and regulatory environment.
- Serve as needed on policy and advocacy committees for trade associations across the company’s lines of service and national footprint. Educate and coordinate with other AccentCare leaders serving on policy boards or those in positions of policymaking ability.
- Lead efforts to develop and maintain a grassroots/key contacts program for AccentCare, with a focus on national policymakers on the committees of jurisdiction over the company issue set.
- File federal and state lobbying and campaign contribution disclosures as needed, register as a federal lobbyist on behalf of the company.
- Work to develop fact sheets, policy briefs, and educational materials for policymakers and internal stakeholders.
- Manage internal task forces as appropriate to analyze and respond to legislative proposals based on agreed to company principles and business objectives.
- BS in Political Science or equivalent
- Law Degree, MBA, MPH, or relevant graduate degree preferred.
- 4-7 years’ experience in political, public policy, campaign or lobbying areas or a combination thereof, with a focus on post-acute healthcare.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the Congressional, legislative, and regulatory processes.
- Must be able to recommend positions on issues and suggest changes in strategies as legislative and regulatory processes unfold – Acute political and public perception sensitivity.
- Demonstrate strong decision-making skills with a solid foundation of analytical and strategic thinking.
- Must have a clear reputation for ethical conduct.
- Proven self-starter, results oriented with a keen attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills in written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills a must.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-07-18