Director of Public Affairs
Pacaso exists to enrich lives by making second home ownership possible and enjoyable for more people. Our innovative co-ownership model is the easiest, smartest and most responsible way for people to experience the joy of a second home. We provide all the benefits of true ownership without the hassles through our simplified financial structure, easy and equitable scheduling, and dedicated local property management.
Founded by former Zillow executives, Pacaso has secured more than $215 million in growth financing and is valued at $1.5 billion. In March 2020, Pacaso achieved unicorn status (a valuation of $1 billion) faster than any other company in the United States. We have been featured in The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Fortune, Forbes, CNBC and more. We are building a world-class Crew of talented and mission-driven individuals, and we are excited to expand globally with the introduction of our first European market, Spain!
Pacaso is a certified Great Place to Work and was ranked on Fortune’s Top 100 Small and Medium Workplaces list in 2021.
About this Opportunity:
Pacaso is seeking an ambitious, creative government relations executive to lead the organization’s advocacy before state and local government agencies and elected leaders across the US East Coast and other expansion markets. This leader will work closely with the Pacaso executive team providing counsel on business, policy and corporate reputation issues.
Key focus areas include: positioning the company for positive government affairs outcomes through external communications about the company and its business model; developing domestic and international policy recommendations to support the company’s expansion plans; developing and executing a comprehensive political affairs plan; forming and owning relationships with senior leaders at all levels of government; partnering with legal stakeholders to shape policy decisions; and managing outside consultants.
What you’ll do:
- Create a vision and strategy for the function to continue to meet the needs of an evolving business, with a focus on efficiently expanding geographic impact and enhancing core competencies in advocacy, communication engagement, and coalition building.
- Advocate for and represent Pacaso at the state, local, and federal level
You’ll be a great fit if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree plus minimum of 8+ years of public affairs and communications experience and strong business acumen.
- Comprehensive understanding of sensitivities inherent to the housing industry, or experience supporting a disruptor in a high-growth phase.
- Demonstrated experience advocating on behalf of a complex, rapidly-growing business in an uncertain political environment.
- Strong understanding of how the political and social landscape affects and shapes Pacaso’s ability to achieve its communications, policy and business objectives.
- Strong strategic thinking skills, grounded in a sophisticated understanding of the political process.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- The ability to assess and timely communicate government relations outcomes and changes to the company’s advocacy prospects.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get the job done in a rapidly scaling environment.
You’ll love working at Pacaso because of our …
- Amazing purpose-driven team and culture.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Unlimited, flexible PTO for exempt employees.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance.
- 401(k) to help you save for the future.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
- Generous home office stipend.
- Company-sponsored meetups.
Pacaso encourages applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-10-13