Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director for Public Affairs
We are currently seeking a bright, focused, and proactive individual to join our team as a Director in our Public Affairs practice. The Public Affairs team specializes in crafting strong and compelling messages, devising smart communications and advocacy strategies, engaging the right audiences, and influencing public opinion to deliver results for our clients. The position is full-time salaried, with benefits and paid holidays, and reports to Public Affairs Vice Presidents.
- Develop and maintain general knowledge of legislation, government policy, media environment, and current events relevant to Forbes Tate Partners’ work and its clients.
- Offer insights and recommendations to shape client team strategy.
- Manage day-to-day execution of client projects, including strategic communications, research, digital, and grassroots activities.
- Supervise Public Affairs Analysts in the production of content and collateral for client campaigns.
- Manage recurring reports and deliverables to ensure deadlines are met and track campaign success.
- Participate in client meetings, conference calls, and in-person meetings as appropriate.
- Support departmental growth by contributing to project proposals.
- Provide support to staff and vendors on client activities.
- Provide mentorship and professional development support for Public Affairs Analysts.
- Follow and report on new industry developments and best practices.
Ideal candidates will have a bachelor’s degree. Relevant prior experience, such as work on political campaigns, in private sector communications, on Capitol Hill, within the executive branch, or for trade associations is required. Ideal applicants must have a keen attention to detail, demonstrated ability to effectively, simultaneously manage multiple projects, exceptional writing abilities, and effective interpersonal skills.
Additional required professional attributes include:
- Familiarity with technological platforms including Microsoft Office Suite and major social media services.
- Understanding of how public policy decisions impact clients’ abilities needs.
- Strong desire to keep learning and taking additional recommended training as needed.
- Passion for researching, writing, and editing content pieces while utilizing strong grammar skills.
- Independent, strategic thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated capacity for teamwork, including the ability to effectively engage supervisors and subordinates under quick, tight deadlines within and across teams.
How to Apply
Interested parties should send their resume, cover letter, and one writing sample (three pages or less) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Director, Public Affairs. Please save each attachment with your full name (first and last name) and document title. For example: John Smith Resume, John Smith Cover Letter, John Smith Writing Sample.
No calls, emails, or faxes please. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. FTP is an equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and diverse work environment.
Job posted: 2022-05-11