Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director of Public Affairs
Innovate to solve the world’s most important challenges
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
We have an opportunity for a Director of Public Affairs to join our Honeywell Washington, D.C., office. Honeywell is a global technology company that provides industry-leading solutions across key sectors, including aerospace, performance materials and technologies, building technologies, and safety and productivity solutions. Honeywell technologies help aircraft, buildings, manufacturing plants, supply chains, and workers become more connected to make our world smarter, safer and more sustainable.
The Director of Public Affairs will work specifically with the Honeywell Advanced Materials (AM) team in the U.S. Honeywell Advanced Materials is a $3B global business unit within Honeywell Performance Materials and Technologies (PMT), and this position will drive an integrated public affairs strategy on high impact federal and multistate issues for the company. Based in Washington, D.C., this individual will work closely with the Government Relations team to launch major public affairs campaigns and develop and lead the strategy on critical brand defense and offense.
This position will be responsible for the strategic planning, development and implementation of U.S. public affairs programs, execution of issues management including full integration with Honeywell’s Government Relations, Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, Commerical and R&D teams. In addition, this role will be on point to manage relationships with the D.C. press corps and national media. The successful candidate with manage business coalitions and support Honeywell trade associations, as well as manage external public affairs partners.
- Develop and oversee a major federal and multistate public affairs campaign, including a strategic issues management plan, focusing on proactive measures to support the business, including:
- Oversee a comprehensive, integrated marketing and communications campaign focused on key public affairs issues that impact the Advanced Materials business
- Develop and implement proactive and reactive brand defense strategy to protect our portfolio of solutions among critical stakeholder groups
- Manage external public affairs partners in D.C. to ensure smooth implementation of comms in support of federal and state level advocacy efforts
- Produce talking points, one pagers, whitepapers and other materials to tell a positive sustainability story for Honeywell’s portfolio of Advanced Material solutions
- Manage communications workstreams in support of trade organizations and coalition relationships for external influence in the U.S.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with D.C. press beltway and national media around specific issues
- Drive communications materials for customers and internal stakeholders
- Coordinate internal stakeholders to manage an integrated Advanced Materials issues management portfolio in the U.S.
- Drive thought leadership in the U.S., proactively positioning Honeywell and our portfolio of low-global-warming-potential solutions as a game changer
- Align and support wider Honeywell sustainability campaign to promote positioning in the U.S.
- Identify gaps and process improvements to create and continuously improve an integrated Advanced Materials issues management portfolio
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree in public relations, public affairs, marketing, business or related field, or 10 years’ experience in lieu of degree
- 10+ years’ proven track record in working in political communications, public affairs, or government relations
- 10+ years of experience with leading communications campaigns, including media relations and digital communications
- Leadership and maturity with the ability to lead communications discussions at strategic and tactical levels
- Strong written and oral communications skills and the ability to work effectively on deadline in a fast-paced environment
- On-the-record experience strongly preferred
- Proven ability to engage targeted audiences through creative marketing communications programs including social, web, email, video, media relations and other disciplines as appropriate
- Master’s degree
- JOB ID: req386480
- Category: Marketing
- Location: 101 Constitution Ave NW Ste 500W,Washington DC,District of Columbia,20001,United States
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-01-14