Director Public Affairs, Communications and Sustainability – Northeast Zone
Director Public Affairs, Communications & Sustainability – North Zone
Manage public affairs, government relations, stakeholder partnerships, strategic communications, sustainability and community related programming and initiatives within key markets in the PACS Northeast Zone. Engages with convergent and divergent stakeholders to strengthen our impact and deliver value to the business. Works to build strong, mutually beneficial relationships with elected officials NGOs, industry groups and other external stakeholders in communities across the Northeast Zone, including representing the company on various local boards.
Location: Based in Toronto, Boston, New York or other Northeast market.
What You’ll Do for Us
- Manage public affairs, government relations, stakeholder partnerships, strategic communications, sustainability and community related programming and initiatives within key markets in the PACS Northeast Zone.
- Supports efforts to advance the system’s reputation locally. Identifies, assesses and proactively manages risks and opportunities that may impact business performance and/or Company reputation.
- Collaborates with franchise bottlers to execute public affairs, government relations, stakeholder partnerships, communications plans, sustainability and community programming and initiatives.
- Monitors regional NGOs, activists, and political developments to identify trends with implications to the business. Supports efforts to build coalitions with regional and local government and non-government stakeholders to advocate for or against and advance policies and programming that support our business goals in collaboration with our Public Policy, Sustainability and Federal GR Team and Stakeholder & Community Management Team.
- Engages with convergent and divergent stakeholders to strengthen our impact and deliver value to the business.
- Works to build strong, mutually beneficial relationships with elected officials NGOs, industry groups and other external stakeholders in communities across the Northeast Zone, including representing the company on various local boards.
- Collaborates with bottlers and industry to advance local legislative strategy for the Coca-Cola system in key markets.
- Works to advance the reputation of the Coca-Cola system with key stakeholders and influential consumers in Northeast Zone markets by working in collaboration with:
- The Stakeholder and Community Management team to guide local community giving and partnerships.
- The Public Policy team to develop and implement appropriate state and local policies in support of our business goals.
- The Government Relations team to advise on Company giving to state and local politicians, and to support local activation with national political groups.
- The Strategic Communications team to support the implementation of local earned media and digital communications plans to support key business and sustainability initiatives in priority markets.
Qualifications & Requirements
- 10-15 years of relevant experience, ideally in senior roles with responsibility for public affairs, government relations, communications, stakeholder management and sustainability.
- Proven track record of building and leading high-performing teams.
What We Can Do for You
- Iconic & Innovative Brands: Our portfolio represents over 250 products with some of the most popular brands in the world, including Coca-Cola, Simply, fairlife, & Topo Chico
- Expansive & Diverse Customers: We work with a diversified group of customers which range from retail & grocery outlets, theme parks, movie theatres, restaurants, and many more each day.
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-21