Director, Public Affairs, Communications and Sustainability – South Zone
Provides leadership of all public affairs, government relations, stakeholder partnerships, strategic communications, sustainability and community related programming and initiatives within the PACS South Zone, with a priority focus on the state of Georgia.
What You’ll Do for Us
- Serves as a member of the North America Operating Unit (NAOU) South leadership team, providing direction to help advance the system’s reputation locally across Southern and Mid-Atlantic states. Identifies, assesses and proactively manages risks and opportunities that may impact business performance and/or Company reputation.
- In partnership with South Zone leadership, collaborates with franchise bottlers to optimize cross-functional and system-wide alignment of resources and maximize the impact of public affairs, government relations, stakeholder partnerships, communications plans, sustainability and community programming and initiatives.
- Monitors regional NGOs, activists, and political developments to identify trends with implications to the business. Engages with and builds coalitions with regional and local government and non-government stakeholders to advocate for or against and advance policies and programming that support our business goals in collaboration with our Public Policy, Sustainability and Federal GR Team and Stakeholder & Community Management Team.
- Identifies and monitors regional and local divergent stakeholders in South Zone states to understand their priorities and develop a strategic plan for engagement. Engages with convergent stakeholders to strengthen our impact and deliver value to the business.
- Works to build strong, mutually beneficial relationships with elected officials NGOs, industry groups and other external stakeholders in communities across the South Zone, including representing the company on various local boards.
- Collaborates with local bottlers and industry to advance local legislative strategy for the Coca-Cola system across the South Zone. Ensures compliance with all local lobbying and political expenditure disclosure requirements in coordination with the Government Relations team.
- Works to advance the reputation of the Coca-Cola system with key stakeholders and influential consumers in South Zone markets by working in collaboration with:
- The Stakeholder and Community Management team to guide local community giving and partnerships.
- The Public Policy team to develop and implement appropriate state and local policies in support of our business goals.
- The Government Relations team to advise on Company giving to state and local politicians, and to support local activation with national political groups.
- The Strategic Communications team to support the implementation of local earned media and digital communications plans to support key business and sustainability initiatives in priority markets.
- Leads a high performing team with a collaborative and agile mindset to achieve Stage 3 Growth, modeling our leadership behaviors. Develops and inspires a diverse and multi-skilled talent pipeline that delivers results, embedding the principles of a networked organization.
Qualifications & Requirements
- At least 10-15 years of relevant experience, ideally in senior roles with responsibility for public affairs, government relations, communications, stakeholder management and sustainability.
- Proven track record of building and leading high-performing teams.
- Ability to analyze complex business and regulatory issues, manage divergent stakeholders and bring together multiple concepts across functions to define the long-term public affairs, government relations, communications and sustainability strategy for the business
- Proven knowledge and experience in Public Policy & Government Relations
- Proven ability in effective stakeholder management and corporate communications
- Proven ability in incident management & crisis resolution
- General knowledge in sustainability
What We Can Do for You
- Compensation & Benefits: Competitive benefits package that start on day one of employment
- Inspirational Workspaces: Newly renovated workspaces that foster collaboration and inspire creative thinking
- Learning Culture: Access to resources such as Coke University, LinkedIn Learning and management programs that give you the resources to continually develop your skills and knowledge
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-02