Director, Public Affairs and Crisis Communications
Join our mission
Intuit is a mission-driven, global financial platform company that gives everyone the opportunity to prosper. With products like TurboTax, QuickBooks and Mint, we’re using technology to build solutions to challenging financial problems for millions of people around the world.
Intuit Inc. is committed to powering prosperity around the world for consumers, small businesses and the self-employed through its ecosystem of innovative financial management solutions.
As part of the Global Communications team and reporting to the Vice President, Corporate Communications, we are looking for an experienced strategic communicator with a proven track record of leading a team and partnering across a matrixed organization to create and execute multi-channel internal and external communications programs in support of Intuit’s global public affairs initiatives.This includes driving proactive thought leadership communications in earned, owned, organic and paid social channels around existing consumer, legal, regulatory and policy topics, as well as anticipating and planning for emerging themes.This role will also lead a newly created central crisis communications function, collaborating with key internal and external stakeholders in Communications, Legal, Public Affairs and business units to assist in planning for and managing crisis response strategy and execution.
What you’ll bring
- Candidates must have 15 combined years of relevant communications experience as a leading public affairs executive with a major corporation, an agency and/or trade association that includes senior-level experience in issue advocacy, policy communications, public affairs and strategic communications.
- Experience leading a crisis communications function with a track record of successfully planning for and publicly addressing high profile business and consumer topics with press, employees and key stakeholders.
- A strong understanding of the legislative and policy issues associated with the Intuit business, including tax, financial services, small business and technology (data, privacy, AI) law and regulation.
- Effectively balances domain expertise & leadership skills to drive impact & results.
- Attracts, develops & exports top talent.
- Demonstrates excellent end to end strategic thinking with multi-disciplinary experience across earned, owned and paid media.
- Operates & makes an impact across organizational boundaries and at the press, influencer, industry & policy level.
- Has led a team that operationalizes company strategy, culture, organization & talent.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills, effectively analyzing and assessing opportunities and threats, prioritization of focus, analyzing developments.
- Capacity and drive to understand fully the business and operational elements of Intuit; including understanding what is mission critical.
- Proven people leadership and management skills in a matrixed environment, with strengths in development of talent and organizations.
- Proven leadership skills and executive presence with strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong writing skills, including long form narrative, messaging and speech writing.
- Reputation for having the highest ethical standards and integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree required, or equivalent work experience; Masters, MBA or law degree preferred.
How you will lead
- Assist in the creation and lead a new global public affairs communications capability for the company, including the development and execution of strategic internal and external communications plans across earned media and owned channels to establish and amplify company messaging on key topics across personal finance, tax and small business.
- Partner with business units and Public Affairs for strategic alliances and third party endorsements to validate company positioning.
- Plan, direct and coordinate integrated, multi-channel policy communications programs for nationwide and local impact.
- Execute results-oriented outreach programs that create awareness of Intuit’s consumer finance, tax and small business insights and policy positions for an array of media, not limited to business, consumer, and policy press.
- Manage the creation and distribution of Intuit public affairs communications content across earned, owned and paid channels.
- In partnership with Public Affairs and business stakeholders, plan and execute virtual and in-person experiences to showcase Intuit’s public affairs platform, its public policy positions, and its commitment to powering prosperity around the world
- Partner to build and operationalize a newly formed central crisis communications function that will anticipate topics of company reputation risk and work with key internal and external stakeholders on crisis response.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-01