Director Public Affairs Enterprise Digital & Analytics
- Bring creative and bold ideas for public relations and employee engagement campaigns.
- Develop and implement PR strategies to support EDA’s objective to grow digital engagement across the company’s mobile and online channels.
- Position American Express as a workplace of choice for top talent in digital product development, advanced analytics and data capabilities.
- Manage proactive and reactive media relations activities to demonstrate how EDA is serving as a source of innovation to drive the company’s mission to provide differentiated, digital products and services.
- Identify opportunities to build EDA’s leadership through their involvement in earned media opportunities, influential industry events and conferences.
- Develop news releases, story pitches, key messages, fact sheets and Q&A documents.
- Serve as an external spokesperson and official company representative for the media.
- Serve as a relationship manager with public relations agencies and other external partners, if/when needed.
- Measure and track the success of public affairs programs and activities.
- Minimum 7 years communications/PR experience with demonstrated ability to handle all types of media.
- Personable, able to build trust and collaborate with colleagues at all levels across the enterprise.
- Proven ability to communicate highly technical topics to a variety of audiences, as well as the ability to quickly master complex subject matter in order to provide effective counsel.
- Hands-on experience with press, which must include developing story angles and messages, actively pitching, and acting as a spokesperson.
- Success developing and implementing PR and social media programs for digital products and capabilities.
- Confident providing counsel and coaching to senior leaders.
- Highly motivated self-starter able to work in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
- Good judgment and a positive attitude is a must.
- Bachelor’s Preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express:
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-02-26