Director, Public Affairs – Nickelodeon
Overview And Responsibilities
The Director of Public Affairs leads strategic partnerships to advance the company’s pro-social priorities including outreach and engagement, grassroots mobilization and aligns with company business priorities.
- Seek out and develop a strategy to engage the non-profit, foundation, sports and governmental organizations on the company’s major pro-social initiatives
- Craft, lead and implement initiatives to bolster the pro-social impact and reputation of the company, from inception to delivery
- Manage cross-functional teams
- Establish budget, project timelines, tracking KPIs
- Spearhead and implement an outreach strategy that leads to high-profile visibility of the company and its pro-social initiatives
- Regularly Identify issues, trends and opportunities to connect with and engage the audience pro-socially
- Oversee the development of written, digital and video marketing content that convey Nickelodeon’s mission-driven purpose to invest in kids and families
- Partner with other members of the public affairs team, and work together to execute against a singular pro-social activity or goal
- Identify opportunities at thought-leader organizations, events, conferences, panels and other public events. Represent the company as required
- Provide regular reporting and presentations to the EVP, SVP and to other executives as necessary and as requested
- Represent the company in high profile settings such as public speaking, panels and media
- Manage the coordinator of Public Affairs, as well as interns.
- The right candidate should have management and leadership experience that demonstrates an understanding of how strategic partnerships and community mobilization
- Experience in pro-social and cause-related messaging
- College graduate
- Proven leadership in managing external relationships with high-profile organizations and individuals
- Track record in working with strategic partnerships between business and non-profits
- Possess strong management and budget skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Experience with public speaking
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
We’re an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
At Viacom, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Viacom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
Job posted: 2019-02-05