Director, Public Affairs (Remote Opportunity)
Are you a catalyst for change? A driver to new destinations? A steward for sustainability? If those are some of the attributes that describe you, then read on. We are looking for ambitious bring-it-on-problem-solvers who are dedicated to doing what’s right for the planet. Join our team and help make the circular economy a reality right now.
From product packaging and music to government documents and more, Digimarc enhances nearly any form of media with a digital identity that is reliably and easily scanned. Shipping boxes, auto parts, audio files and even plastic bottles each take on individual identities within the Digimarc Platform. We are a curious and courageous team and lean on our values to guide our decision making. We believe our Platform can address some of the planet’s most challenging issues, such as plastic waste in our oceans impacting climate change or counterfeit products in our supply chains threatening consumer safety. We believe the talent of every employee can make a difference. We are a publicly traded company (NASDAQ: DMRC) that has been operating since 1995. Come join us and help contribute to a better future. We are Digimarc.
We are seeking a Director, Public Affairs to be a crucial part of a new and growing function within the organization. Partnering with the VP, ESG Engagement & Corporate Communications and other key stakeholders across the company you will lead the development and execution of Digimarc’s global public affairs, government relations, and advocacy strategy, with a focus on North America. This position has high internal and external visibility and will be based in the United States, ideally Washington D.C. or the surrounding area.
WHAT YOU WILL DO…
- Develop public policy principles and build a public affairs framework to protect and grow business, reputation, and ‘license to operate’
- Work with internal stakeholders, policymakers, industry experts, and other opinion leaders to determine opportunities and risks to the Company from specific political, legislative, and regulatory developments
- Build strong external industry relationships and allies in policy circles to lead and shape policy dialogue, particularly around digital transformation, supply chain, and circularity
- Conduct research and develop targeted messaging platforms and monitor developing issues to scan for threats and opportunities related to regulatory and legislative matters and provide internal communications of developments
- Prepare submissions to policymakers and agencies
- Partner with Sales to identify leads and drive business growth
- Collaborate with Product Management and Product Marketing on GTM strategy, as needed, and inform positioning and messaging targeting government and NGOs
- Identify opportunities for increased community engagement to promote corporate objectives and complement policy priorities
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR…
- 10+ years of experience in corporate communications, government relations, public affairs, or public-sector public policy, preferably with experience in sustainability/circularity, data management and privacy, digital and physical media security, and/or supply chain traceability
- Ability to craft and build public affairs strategies that support business growth within a dynamic and changing corporation
- Experience working with government or corporate executives and an ability to translate complex information into a digestible narrative
- A dynamic public speaker with experience contributing thought leadership to digital content and webinars, conferences, and external interviews
- Ability to advise on government legislative and regulatory processes and systems processes in the U.S., with the capacity to understand complex legislative procedures and to work with broad coalitions
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to communicate complex issues to drive tangible business actions
- Ability to effectively prioritize to achieve outcomes
- Experience working with third party organizations (think tanks, research institutes, trade and standard setting associations, etc.) and understanding of the global, regional, and local legislation relevant for Digimarc’s current and future business drivers
- Passion in creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive culture where individuals and teams can do their best work and unlock their potential
- Alignment with the core Digimarc values of Caring, Integrity, Commitment, Innovation, Loyalty and Knowledge
Digimarc is seeking diverse applicants. We are an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor. We want the best people who share our values.
This job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-09-15