Director, Public Health (REMOTE)
Job Description Summary
The Director, Public Health Epidemiologist will play a leading role in supporting a multi-year public health strategy to assist in the rebuilding of our public health infrastructure across the US. Efforts may include support of overall strategy development as well as supporting sales and billable work in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Work will include establishment of priorities and critical milestones, thought leadership activities, development of new industry, academia, and government relationships; and creating new capabilities and opportunities for the company. This pivotal role will work for the Vice President for Public Health Strategy and work with Federal and State leadership, Government Affairs, Corporate Development, and Sales to further develop and implement the public health services component of our health strategy. The overall goal is to open new markets to drive top-line revenue growth for the organization.
Essential Job Duties:
•Design and execution of a forward-thinking, innovative campaign to assist MAXIMUS Federal Services in further advancing its capabilities and market presence in the Federal public health arena
•Lead and manage the development of thought leadership activities including white paper and point of view development, speaking at conferences, and supporting other externally-facing events
•Participate and lead in strategic activities involving legislative and policy analysis, M&A activities, and strategic partnering
•Lead strategic partnership development, including developing ongoing partnerships and adding new strategic partnerships to portfolio including academia, innovative start-ups, solution partners, and large and small businesses
•Participate in strategic marketing, communications, and outreach efforts
•Participate and lead industry groups and maintain affiliations/memberships with organizations and government agencies in support of strategic market-shaping initiatives
•Monitor government and market trends and activities and actively communicate and collaborate with senior agency officials to present new ideas and concepts
•Coordinate with sales as opportunities develop within the strategic area and assist with pursuit activities at a strategic level
•Monitor competitors and competitor strategies
Education and Experience Requirements:
•At least 7 years of experience working with federal and/or state public health agencies providing expertise and leadership in managing public health issues and emergencies
•Experience working with public health agencies in executing programs and plans to improve our public health system’s capabilities and performance
•Experience with proposing and implementing pilots and new concepts within federal and state public health agencies
•Bachelor’s degree required, masters’ degree in public health or health services desired
•Demonstrated ability to inform and persuade agency directors, elected officials, and industry leaders in public health issues and solutions
•Adept at directing multiple projects, overseeing budgets, managing deliverables, and working on multidisciplinary teams
•Skilled at cogently presenting complex policy proposals and translating statistical analyses for lay audiences
•Experience working with GIS software preferred
•Capacity to work independently as well as collaboratively to develop strategies for solving complex public health problems or challenges
•Ability to work in an unstructured environment, designing and executing on growth campaign activities and measurements aligned to strategy and market growth
•Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
•Excellent written and oral communication skills
•Proven ability to adhere to project timelines and budget
•Able to collaborate with combined internal and external teams
•Capable of developing strong growth-related relationships
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– Act as the primary contact for the state client
– Ensure program operations are in compliance with all applicable requirements of the contract, as well as State and federal regulations.
– Ensure goals and objectives are established by Project Manager that support the overall Project strategies.
– Oversee all project administrative operations including budget, financial controls, and human resources.
– Plan, develop and schedule priorities for achieving operational and performance goals.
– Review management, productivity, and financial reports and studies to ensure program objectives are met.
– Participate in internal audits, research studies, forecasts, and modeling exercises to support Project direction and guidance.
– Manage operational managers, to include performance appraisals, mentoring, and professional/development guidance.
– Demonstrate a high level of dedication and proactive leadership in meeting corporate goals and program objectives.
– Perform other duties as assigned by management.
– Direct and control the activities of a broad functional area through several department managers within the company.
– Overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities; and recommend and implement changes to methods.
– Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company.
– Participate in corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people.
– Ensure budget and schedule meet corporate requirements.
– Regularly interact with executives and/or major customers.
– Interaction frequently involves special skills, such as negotiating with customers or management or attempting to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization.
– Report to Senior Director or VP level.
Job posted: 2020-05-22