Director, Public and Issues Engagement
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today’s most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It’s also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it’s no wonder we’re consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you’re as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Director of Public and Issues Engagement to join our Corporate Communications organization.
- Drive the firm’s efforts to effectively engage in national, regional and local conversations on public issues to both showcase our leadership, values and culture and create new opportunities for our firm to engage
- Help us tackle big questions on regulation, ESG, technology, public-private partnerships, diversity, infrastructure and more to best position the firm as a thoughtful leader and innovator
- Oversee related media relations, proactive event participation, and engagement in strategic coalitions; present strategy to and partner with C- suite
- Manage the communications on issues that may affect the firm’s reputation including conducting rapid response, scenario planning and media training
- Bring an entrepreneurial mindset to build this capability
- Manage and collaborate with a cross -functional, multidisciplinary teams; passion and experience in developing and executing stakeholder engagement strategies
- Minimum ten years of recent experience in communications within an agency or corporate communications environment; minimum three years of experience related to public issues
- Proven experience navigating public issues, especially in the context of the evolving role of corporations and trust related to ESG, technology, public-private partnerships, diversity, infrastructure
- People management experience with a focus on management and professional development
- Strong media relations experience both on-record and on-background
- Strong presentation, executive presence and data fluency capabilities
- Deep understanding of digital communication tactics
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm’s compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-07-22