Director of Public Policy
The American Urological Association (AUA), the premier urologic association providing support to the urologic community, is currently searching for a Director of Public Policy position located primarily in our Linthicum, Maryland office.
This position is responsible for the alignment of the AUA, AUA ER, and Urology Care Foundation’s payment policy strategies and advocacy messaging in conjunction with medical societies, federal agencies, and coalitions.
The individual in this position will:
- Work with the Executive Vice President in developing, promoting and executing national awareness of advocacy initiatives to bring urology to the forefront of public health.
- Supervise a team that analyzes and drafts the association’s strategy and response to rulemaking; drafting of accompanying fact sheets, talking points, and informational articles.
- Work with our consultant to develop a strategy for the American Medical Association’s RUC and CPT activities.
- Serve as a spokesperson for the AUA before Congress and federal agencies.
- Network and develop relationships with potential partner organizations and coalitions
- Establish and develop strategic relationships with industry
To be Successful
Candidates must provide leadership and have effective critical thinking skills. It is essential that the individual in this role have strong networking, planning, and communication skills. In addition:
- Minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience in advocacy, awareness, or related initiatives in a nonprofit health organization or a state or federal legislative body required.
- Experience developing strategy for the American Medical Association’s RUC and CPT activities preferred.
- Strong policy analysis, stakeholder engagement, and strategic planning skills required.
- Thorough knowledge of federal rulemaking, health policy, and healthcare-related agencies.
- A dynamic leader with strong external relations and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with a governing board as well as volunteers.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, advanced degree preferred in policy/political science, healthcare communications, public relations, or related field.
- Proficient use of databases required.
What we have to Offer
We strive to create a positive experience for employees through our commitment to effective talent acquisition and onboarding, talent management, and career development, providing a positive working environment, and our focus on physical, mental, and financial wellness. We offer a highly competitive total compensation package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; discretionary contribution and 403(b) plans; generous leave program; paid holidays; sick leave; on-site gym; company-paid life, LTD, and STD insurance; beautiful facility; very generous contributions to continuing education and tuition reimbursement.
We welcome interested and qualified candidates to apply for this position by visiting our Career Center. No relocation is available for this position.
Job posted: 2020-07-14