Director, Public Policy
Director, Public Policy
This is our first public policy hire and will report to the Chief Legal Officer. We are looking for someone who will build the public policy function and team over time and will:
- Lead the development of Zymergen’s proactive policy agenda and core policy positions & strategy
- Represent Zymergen with government officials including elected officials and regulators both at the federal and state levels
- Manage and cultivate relationships across different stakeholder groups and help them understand our business and technology and its potential application in diverse industries including materials, electronics, consumer care and healthcare
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to distill Zymergen’s technical story and concepts into easy-to-understand communication materials
- Externally, engage with think tanks, academics and other thought leaders to shape public policy debates most relevant to the company
- 7+ years of high-level public policy experience in government, think tank, business
- Ability to create resources to support public policy positions
- Can effectively communicate complex & technical information to a wide variety of audiences, both written and oral
- Ability to effectively and comfortably interact at the highest corporate and policy levels to build third party allies
- Defense, agriculture or healthcare related policy expertise a plus
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are not able to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Founded in 2013 and headquartered in the SF Bay Area, Zymergen is a science and material innovation company rethinking biology and reimagining the world. A World Economic Forum Tech Pioneer, Zymergen partners with nature to create never-before imagined materials and products across industries – from agriculture to consumer electronics, personal care to pharmaceuticals, and more. The company’s materials are in use today, creating value for Fortune 1000 companies and major corporations across the globe. Our clients have sold over $1 billion worth of products using Zymergen microbial strains. For more information visit: www.zymergen.com.
Job posted: 2020-12-29