Director, Public Policy
About the job
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Public Policy
Mastercard’s Public Policy team protects and defends Mastercard’s reputational and legislative interests in markets around the world. We build programs that earn the goodwill of governments, policymakers, financial institutions, merchants, and consumers through direct policymaker engagements and public-private partnerships. Our aim is to build a platform for policies around the world that support Mastercard’s business priorities. This role forms part of the team driving Mastercard’s public policy advocacy efforts in North America.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have
- A genuine interest in public policy, current events, and the political environment with the intellectual horsepower to grasp complex issues
- A flexible and adaptable working style to react to demanding workload and changing priorities and willingness to work as part of a team
- Support North American public policy operations by developing strategies and insights that inform and guide advocacy operations
- Conduct research and develop targeted messaging platforms
- Align business priorities with advocacy strategies
- Analyze the impact of legislation on the Company and develop strategies to mitigate risks or capitalize on the identified opportunities
- Identify opportunities for increased community engagement to promote corporate objectives and complement policy priorities
- Draft speeches and background materials prior to various advocacy engagements
- Prepare submissions to policymakers and agencies
- Work with internal stakeholders, policymakers, and industry experts to determine opportunities and risks to the Company from specific political, legislative, and regulatory developments
- Provide internal communications of legislative and political developments
- Draft talking points for internal and external distribution
- Align external messages with communications team
- Oversee compliance and lobbying reporting requirements
- Participate in associations and industry working groups to promote Mastercard’s positions and public policy objectives
All About You
- Demonstrated experience in the political arena or analyst community
- Ability to craft and build public affairs strategies that support business growth within a dynamic and changing corporation
- Extensive experience creating and drafting compelling value propositions to important audiences both internal and external
- An intimate working knowledge of the legislative and political process with the capacity to understand complex legislative procedures and to work with broad coalitions
- Strong analytical approach to problem solving, ability to develop creative and practical solutions to complex problems, able to deal with short deadlines, and work productively in high pressure situations
- Proven ability to build collaborative working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders at the global/regional or local level
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills coupled with the ability to message complex issues in simple and concise ways
- Knowledge and experience of the financial services and payments sector is a plus. Experience in technology sector also a plus.
- Deep business acumen and experience in balancing commercial flexibility and risk management
- Entrepreneurial spirit with proven ability to operate in a corporate environment and experience operating in a matrix organizational structure
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Job posted: 2021-08-15