Director of Public Policy
Director of Public Policy, Digital Currency Group (DCG)
The digital currency industry is the most exciting and fastest-growing segment of finance, with new institutions and capital from around the world entering the space every day. And perhaps nothing is more important to the industry than an ability to navigate the complex patchwork of state, federal, and international regulatory regimes. If you’re ready to apply your public policy skills in the most dynamic industry in the world, then it’s time to look at Digital Currency Group (DCG) – the preeminent investor in the blockchain industry.
DCG is a global enterprise that builds, buys, and invests in blockchain companies all over the world. Founded in 2015, DCG’s mission is to accelerate the development of a better financial system through digital assets and blockchain technology. Today, DCG sits at the epicenter of the industry, backing 200+ companies in 35 countries. In addition to its investment portfolio, DCG is the parent company of Genesis (a global digital asset prime brokerage), Grayscale Investments (the largest digital currency asset manager), CoinDesk (the leading media and events company in the space), Luno (a crypto investment platform and wallet), Foundry (a digital asset mining and staking company), and TradeBlock (a leading provider of tools and data for institutional cryptocurrency traders).
DCG is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Director of Public Policy that will help to develop the company’s public policy positions, crafting and executing strategies to implement those positions, and building and maintaining relationships with lawmakers, regulators, and other stakeholders in the U.S. and global policymaking community. The role reports to the DCG Chief Operating Officer.
As the Director of Public Policy, you will:
- Work with industry allies to develop comprehensive public policy positions on behalf of the company
- Author advocacy materials to explain public policy issues and company positions
- Develop and implement the company’s advocacy and lobbying strategies
- Maintain a regular presence on Capitol Hill, both through formal meetings and informal networking opportunities, as well as relevant regulatory agencies
- Follow congressional committee hearings and markups, Congressional Blockchain Caucus events, SEC, CFTC, and FinCEN regulatory hearings, and other public policy briefings related to blockchain policy
- Engage with the White House and key state and federal regulators
- Work closely with industry trade associations
- Manage DCG’s external lobbying firms
- Liaise and work closely with DCG’s wholly-owned subsidiaries in the U.S. and abroad
What we’re looking for:
- 10+ years’ experience as a Capitol Hill staffer, or at a relevant federal agency (SEC, CFTC, Treasury, etc.), or at a key state agency, or federal experience lobbying in technology and/or financial services
- Deep understanding of policy making process, including legislative, executive, and judicial branch processes
- Creative thinker – an individual who has the capability to develop innovative public policy solutions for a fast-growing and evolving industry
- Strong communicator – ability to relay complex public policy positions in a manner that is easy to understand
- Exceptional writer with the ability to explain complex public policy issues in a language that can be understood by regulators, Congress, and the general public
- A demonstrated interest in and understanding of crypto, commodity trading, and/or financial services industries and related policies
- Detail-oriented individual – we need someone who can drill down into the details of laws, regulations, and legislation and explain these details to others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-08-17