Director, Public Policy & Advocacy
The Director of Public Policy & Advocacy will work closely with SEMI staff and members to develop SEMI’s public policy agenda and execute advocacy strategies to enact that agenda. The position requires communicating with both internal and external stakeholders, policymakers, association members, committees, and SEMI global staff; coordinating logistics such as meetings and briefings; and producing written communications for SEMI members and staff.
This is a full-time, exempt position that reports directly to the Vice President of Global Public Policy & Advocacy and is based in SEMI’s Washington DC office.
– Develop key elements of SEMI’s U.S. public policy agenda.
- Work with SEMI Vice President of Global Public Policy, SEMI members, and other SEMI stakeholders to develop SEMI’s federal policy priorities.
– Develop and execute advocacy campaigns supporting SEMI’s policy agenda
- Manage content development, communication, and coordination between SEMI and US Government officials on select issues, including trade and national security issues.
- Serve as primary SEMI representative to congressional offices; build and maintain relationships with key member and committee staff.
– Manage SEMI political action committee (PAC)
- Direct PAC activities including development of the fundraising and spending plans, oversee receipt of industry contributions and ensure required FEC reports are submitted.
- Ensure compliance with the Honest Leadership and Open Government Act and other requirements by submitting required lobby disclosure statements and maintaining compliance with ethics and gift rules.
– Coordinate and strengthen relationships with other industry trade associations and work with industry coalitions to achieve policy goals.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
- You have worked with SEMI members and other stakeholders to develop a robust and realistic policy agenda.
- You have built and maintained strong relationships with key stakeholders in government and industry, as well as SEMI member representatives.
- You have contributed significantly to SEMI’s regular policy reports.
- Relationship building
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Active listening
- Conflict management
- Time management and project management
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS Political Science, Economics, Business, or a related subject – MA/MBA preferred.
- 8-10 years progressive policy experience; congressional, executive or lobbying experience required.
- Knowledge of semiconductors, electronics or advanced manufacturing public policy preferred.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
You are an engaging, flexible, and approachable government relations expert who has a strong background in technology and advanced manufacturing public policy. You can juggle multiple tasks with a positive attitude. You are creative, collaborative, and result-oriented in your approach to build consensus and represent the collective interests of the industry.
SEMI is the global industry association representing the electronics manufacturing and design supply chain, connecting over 2,400 member companies and 1.3 million professionals worldwide. SEMI members are responsible for the innovations in materials, design, equipment, software, devices, and services that enable smarter, faster, more powerful, and more affordable electronic products. Since 1970, SEMI has built connections that have helped its members prosper, create new markets, and address common industry challenges together. SEMI maintains offices in Berlin, Brussels, Hsinchu, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tokyo, Milpitas and Washington, D.C. For more information about SEMI, please visit us at SEMI.org
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-15