Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director, Public Policy, Americas
**Except where prohibited by applicable state law, this position requires that you be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you need a reasonable accommodation or qualify for an exemption.**
If you find science, speed, and success exhilarating, you have come to the right place.
Novavax, Inc (Nasdaq:NVAX) is a biotechnology company that creates transformational vaccines that address some of the world’s most pressing infectious diseases. We have more than a decade of experience contending with some of the world’s most devastating diseases, including COVID-19, seasonal influenza, RSV, Ebola, MERS, and SARS. Hard-won lessons and significant advances illustrate that our proven technology has tremendous potential to make a substantial contribution to public health worldwide.
Our scientists are committed to developing vaccine candidates for some of the world’s toughest viral threats by utilizing the power of our innovative recombinant nanoparticle vaccine platform. Our vaccine technology combines the power and speed of genetic engineering with the immunogenicity enhancing properties of our Matrix-M™ adjuvant to efficiently produce highly immunogenic particles targeting some of the most pressing viral infectious diseases.
Novavax, Inc. is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland with additional facilities in Uppsala, Sweden and Bohumil, Czech Republic.
We are seeking a Director, Public Policy, Americas. This position reports to the Vice President of Policy and Government Affairs within the Commercial Organization.
- Shape the policy and government affairs agenda as part of the broader corporate strategy that supports multiple vaccine launches and promotes optimal consumer access to our novel vaccines.
- Lead development of corporate positions on public policies in the US (federal and state) and Canada.
- Develop proactive strategies that address implications of legislative and regulatory developments and identify opportunities to advance our policy agenda in the US and Canada.
- Shape corporate messaging that is used with government stakeholders and policymakers and develop materials in support of policy positions.
- Monitor healthcare market trends, relevant legislative and regulatory developments, and analyze their impact to Novavax.
- Build and maintain relationships with federal and state government agencies, and with stakeholders.
- Draft technical comments on rules, regulations and other notices promulgated by the US Department of Health and Human Services, including the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other relevant government agencies.
- Draft summaries of legislation and regulations for use with various internal stakeholders.
- Work cross-functionally with the Novavax Advocacy, Market Access, Marketing, Communications, Government Alliances, and Sales Teams to drive policy development that is aligned with the Commercial strategy for each market.
- Inform internal corporate stakeholders of policy changes and potential impacts to the company and their functional workstreams.
- Participate in external organizations (e.g. trade associations, coalitions) engaged in public policy activities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Preferred: advanced degree in healthcare policy, law, business, health sciences or any other related field
- 8+ years of experience in US-based health policy roles in government or private sector
- Demonstrated analytical skills to assess how policies impact the company and business environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate complex ideas
- Strategic planning skills with detail-oriented approach to execution
- Strong writing skills
- Teamwork skills and ability to work cross-functionally with multiple internal departments, including Market Access, Government Alliances, Advocacy, Marketing, Communications, Legal, Regulatory and Medical Affairs
- Gaithersburg based or remote position that is within a commutable driving distance to Washington, DC to attend in person meetings / events as required
Novavax offers a base salary, annual bonus, equity grants, professional career development/growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Rx, STD, LTD, Life, Optional Life, 401(k) plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Novavax is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment and advancement opportunities are available to all individuals on an at-will basis, regardless of their race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, protective hairstyle, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-04-18