Director, Public Policy Research
March of Dimes leads the fight for the health of all moms and babies. We’re advocating for policies to protect them. We’re working to radically improve the health care they receive. We’re pioneering research to find solutions. We’re empowering families with programs, knowledge and tools to have healthier pregnancies. By uniting communities, we’re building a brighter future for us all.
We are dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce that fosters opportunities for personal and professional development. We provide a collaborative and supportive environment built upon our fundamental core principles where each employee is valued. Join us in the fight for healthy moms and strong babies.
The Director of Public Policy Research is responsible for generating policy analysis and documents, supporting the OGA/AGA team by providing data and information, maintaining March of Dimes’ profile in the policy research and academic community, and serving as an integral member of cross-departmental work and teams.
• Generate issue briefs, fact sheets, white papers, and other reports to support the March of Dimes advocacy agenda by surveying the policy literature, performing primary and secondary analysis, and providing high quality drafts to the Senior Vice President with minimal oversight and guidance.
• Serve as an integral member of cross-departmental teams in developing and utilizing model bills, toolkits, reports, studies, and other products that support or involve advocacy and policy
• Support MOD staff by providing data and evidence needed for advocacy efforts (e.g. for testimony, state fact sheets.)
• Maintain the March of Dimes presence and profile in the policy research and academic communities by networking, attending meetings, and serving on committees.
• Support and maintain the Public Policy Advisory Council, including by planning and executing its annual meeting.
Position Qualifications Qualifications:
• 2-4 years experience
• Four year college degree or equivalent experience
• Knowledge of key data sets and literature related to maternal and child health
• Must be an outstanding writer. Must be self-motivated and able to work on multiple project simultaneously with minimal oversight. Must be highly organized
March of Dimes provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
• Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
• Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided here.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-02-24