Director of Public Relations
We are looking for the right leader to build and lead PR and Cultural Impact at CarLotz.
CarLotz, the nation’s largest consignment-to-retail used vehicle marketplace, is on a rocket-like growth trajectory. To fuel that growth, we are looking for a Director of PR and Cultural Impact to inject ourselves into culture in a way that drives the business and makes CarLotz a household name.
That’s where you come in. We need someone who knows how to tap into culture and tell the CarLotz story to our guests, teammates and investors in a way that drives conversation.
This person will be a part of the marketing group, focused on building buzz and driving relevance. The position will support the execution 360-degree campaigns to build, promote and enhance the reputation of CarLotz with a goal of creating the world’s greatest vehicle buying and selling experience for customers. This job is best suited for a brand storyteller who is a passionate PR expert and who happens to also be a social media maven. A bit of a unicorn maybe, but that doesn’t mean you don’t exist. We need a high-level leader who isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and get the work done.
The role will be especially focused on brand- and business storytelling via paid, earned and owned channels – if you dream it, we want to make it happen. The position will work closely with the CarLotz Executive Team to create brand initiatives that defy category conventions such as relationships in our local hub communities, including promoting the voices of employees.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Execute communications strategies to support Company’s business objectives with key audiences (e.g., consumers, media, community leaders, employees, and stakeholders)
- Find innovative ways to position CarLotz in the minds of our stakeholders through proactive storytelling efforts
- Build and manage a team to help execute day-to-day activities
- At least 10 years’ experience in PR or corporate communications with a proven track record of landing influential stories in national press and telling compelling stories through multiple channels to multiple audiences
- Knowledge of retail IR a plus
- You must be a strong communicator and collaborator. This is a true team
- You must be a great writer: empathetic, creative, powerful, inspiring (all at the same time)
- This person should be a good mix of curious, driven, responsible, and accountable
- This person must be flexible enough to go with the flow but organized enough to stay on track
- This person requires a wide array knowledge and contacts across industries (for brand partnerships), including media
- You must be able to effectively manage resources and be an outstanding multi-tasking
- CarLotz is still a young company, this individual must have the ability adjust plans and alter course of action based on trial and error
- The ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Background and drug screen required
CarLotz is an EEOC employer. This position is non-exempt. CarLotz participates with e-Verify. Teammates must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time and lift 20 pounds.
Job posted: 2021-05-29