Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director of Public Relations
Director of Public Relations
Who We Are at Elemy:
Elemy is building the first managed marketplace for in-home chronic medical care, starting with pediatric autism. Our AI-powered technology matches families with like-minded therapists, resulting in better care that helps children learn new behaviors and reach life-changing milestones. Children receiving care with Elemy report a 13% increase in communication skills, 80% reduction in problem behavior, and 140% increase in skill adoption within six months – amazing milestones that further our mission each day.
Since launching in April 2020, Elemy has become one of the fastest-growing healthcare companies in the United States, scaling from four employees to more than 1,300 employees in less than 18 months. The company is backed by some of the most prominent investors in healthcare and technology, including SoftBank, Goodwater, General Catalyst, Founders Fund, SignalFire, e.ventures, and 8VC.
Interested in learning more? Watch a mother detail her Elemy experience on NBC News, read Bloomberg’s take on our Series B, listen to Elemy CEO, Yury Yakubchyk, discuss destigmatizing mental health on Spotify, or check out why Dr. Henry Roane was awarded the highest award of its honor in ABA therapy, the American Psychological Association Nathan H. Azrin Distinguished Contribution to Applied Behavior Analysis Award. –
Director of Public Relations at Elemy
As part of the PR & Communications team at Elemy, you’ll play a pivotal role in telling our story to the world. You help build a world-class team of storytellers and writers alike and will work on an ecosystem of products that underpin our ability to deliver ABA autism therapy to families who need it most. You’ll amplify the story that makes Elemy so unique to various audiences including media, investors, advocacy groups, even children and families.
What You’ll Do
- Work cross-functionally to plan, lead and execute strategic cross-channel communications campaigns
- Uncover and leverage data to help tell compelling stories that align with the company’s key priorities
- Manage external PR agency and their outreach to business, trade, and consumer press
- Play a lead role in our family stories program, liaising with parents and children who receive Elemy care
- Represent Elemy as a spokesperson when needed
- Lead rapid-response efforts when trends and opportunities emerge
- Monitor industry news and issues that directly and indirectly impact the business
- Track and measure impact of communications programs
- Analyze and distill meaningful insights from media coverage; communicate said findings to executives with thoughtful recommendations and next steps
- Write, edit and proofread content, including press releases, thought leadership, messaging, presentations, executive briefing materials, and more
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to organize, plan, and write press statements, Q&As, press releases, blog posts, op-eds, and other content
Who You Are
- 10+ years public relations experience
- Seasoned communications professional with experience working within or for fast-moving organizations
- Strong local and national media contacts with a proven track record of success
- Ability to manage external PR agency and/or consultants
- Proven ability to solve problems; astute in navigating and resolving complex situations quickly
- High business acumen with an ability to anticipate issues for longer-range communications implications
- Critical thinker who doesn’t accept status quo – asks probing questions, anticipates and addresses gaps/needs
- A true leader capable of fostering relationships and connections internally and externally
- Experience and confidence in working with senior leaders
- Excellent writing skills are mandatory
- BS/BA degree or equivalent years experience
- Fast thinker with a bias for action
- PR agency experience a plus
At Elemy, we are a globally-distributed team with many of our team members located throughout the world, including in the following cities: San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Miami, Toronto, Montreal, and Kyiv. While everyone currently works remotely, we envision a future that balances face-to-face collaboration with a remote-friendly environment.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
Elemy is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We celebrate diversity and welcome applicants from every background and life experience.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-05-01