Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director, Public Relations
Wachsman is a global communications and strategy consultancy focused on advising the next generation of leaders on the frontline of the new economy.
Built for the digital and decentralized age, we provide our clients with a unique blend of advisory services spanning strategic and communications consulting, reputation, issues, and risk management, and public policy and regulation. We enable them to establish and defend their industry position as they drive digital transformation and navigate new challenges and opportunities.
Founded in 2015 with regional headquarters in New York, Dublin, and Singapore, Wachsman has quickly solidified its position as a trusted advisor to some of the world’s most innovative companies, including in market entry, change management, product launches, mergers and acquisitions, corporate repositioning, and regulatory compliance.
Born in the blockchain industry, Wachsman has grown to become a critical partner to a wide array of the world’s most exciting companies, including those across fintech and digital payments, data protection, real estate, law, gaming, and healthcare.
Wachsman is now seeking a talented Director (equivalent to a Senior Director/VP level at other agencies), for immediate hire.
We are remote in the United States and are open to candidates located anywhere in the United States. We have offices in Los Angeles, New York City, and Washington, DC, for those who are interested in a hybrid model.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Translate client business needs into communications actions with a solution-oriented focus.
- Provide counsel and strategy for branding, reputation management, and crisis communications; well-versed in the principles of global media relations.
- Demonstrate commitment to industry, agency, and clients by mastering industry knowledge and understanding clients’ businesses.
- Oversee the creation of client press materials, messaging, and strategic plans.
- Manage and respond to challenging, technical inquiries from clients, new business, and external organizations.
- Train, mentor, and support team members of all levels in executing effectively.
- Travel to industry events and to meetings with technology clients
- Business development (new business & growth of existing accounts)
Skills & Qualifications:
- 10+ years of PR experience conducting media relations, strategy, account management, staffing/resourcing, business development, at increasing levels of responsibility. Multiple years of credentialed PR agency experience required.
- Experience in financial technology or B2B technology PR. Must be able to understand the B2B technology/financial technology media landscape inside and out.
- Blockchain experience is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Exceptional work ethic and motivated to excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with a strong and clear interest in finance and technology.
- Track record of securing top-tier print and broadcast coverage and experience in developing relationships with reporters.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully train and mentor team members of every level, supporting them in career progression.
- Strong strategic-thinking skills, and the ability to handle and tactfully manage stressful situations.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and to identify opportunities for clients.
- Aptitude for thinking creatively and sharing effective, creative ideas with clients.
- Excellent knowledge of the media landscape.
- Ability to communicate clearly and transfer complex information in a concise and clear form.
- Ability to prioritize and plan effectively
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience in crisis communications.
- Excellent interpersonal/soft skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of social, organizational, and professional standards in job-related activities.
Job posted: 2022-09-14