Director of Public Relations and Communications
El Segundo, CA
GoGuardian is on a mission to transform education by helping to protect students in the digital space from harmful and distracting content and supporting their mental health. We partner with schools to identify learning patterns and maximize the academic potential of every student. With GoGuardian, educators can engage students with more effective resources while also promoting online accessibility in the most applicable way for their school population.
As our Director of Public Relations and Communications, you’ll be a member of our marketing leadership group with a focus on developing and executing GoGuardian’s PR & Communications strategy and operation. You will collaborate internally with our Executive team to develop corporate initiatives and leverage media relationships to support customer advocacy to target audiences in the education space.
What You’ll Do
- Partner across GoGuardian to develop newsworthy content, propel thought leadership initiatives, and support partner, research, and overall marketing-specific campaign efforts.
- Responsible for driving editorial cadence of activities to promote executives, products, and GoGuardian’s corporate culture with key audiences.
- Leverage and build media relationships to connect internal initiatives with research, partnerships, and customer advocacy to support opportunities that speak to target audiences of educators, researchers, and school leaders.
- Build strategic PR strategies into defined marketing campaign initiatives that support objectives and clearly defined KPIs
- Drive proactive and reactive media relation strategies that align with GoGuardian’s mission, culture, and values.
- Mange the GG organic social media presence, social listening infrastructure, and report on brand sentiment and market awareness.
- Work with Marketing Leadership to design Reputation and Awareness programs for all major campaigns.
Who You Are
- 10+ years of experience in corporate, public, and media relations with 3-5 years with education, SaaS technology, or similar companies in the tech industry
- Experience working cross departmentally and with C-suite leaders to develop and execute on critical corporate-level initiatives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience leading and building a team of direct reports both in and outside of the communication function
- Demonstrates project/program management and analytical skills with the ability to identify and understand complex problems, make decisions, create plans and solutions, and take action
- Drives for results – makes things happen and conveys a healthy sense of urgency
- Established relationships with key education and/or technology-focused journalists, bloggers, and/or influencers
- Experience leading communication functions including PR, executive communications, crisis communications, or similar
- In-house experience with a high-growth startup
- Experience with all forms of external communications channels, especially with education news media and social media
GoGuardian is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. GoGuardian does not discriminate against employees, applicants, interns or volunteers on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, registered domestic partner status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Learn more here
ENTER JOB DESCRIPTION HERE
Job posted: 2020-10-06